68rfe

Tomgriz

Is it possible to shut gears off in a 68rfe with tuning? Example you can tune out gears with a allison, like shut off 1st and 2nd so when you are sled pulling you come out of the hole in 3rd and it might shift once going down the track. Just wondering if this is possible with a 68rfe? Thank you

I believe you can use the manual mode on the shifter to put it in 3rd without tuning of the trans needed.

Yes I can manual shift to 3rd or 4th any gear. However it will still start in 1st and shift it's way up to whatever gear you set it at. I'm wanting to tune out 1st and 2nd completely, so you come out of the hole in 3rd gear. I know this can be done on a allison just wondering about these 68's.

I believe it has been done though efi live in the early days. The issue would be if it's a 3rd gen you would have to bench flash for efi live. Then there is the relearn period.

I know it can be done since my buddy uses it for dirt drags. he wants to come out of the hole in 3rd also. He was able to use the gear selector to hold 3rd gear.

Back