The time has come to install a lift pump

BW Motosports

JUST SOME BROKE KID
So before I take my new truck out to duramax tuner next month to have it tuned and have the tranny put together I need to add a lift pump. So what is everybody using. I have been looking at the fass 150hd and the airdog 165. Is there a real benifit to either ? Do either make you run completely new fuel lines from tank to cp3 ? I have a Xdp tank sump ordered so is that something I need to consider when choosing ? Also wich filters have a better life span ? Thank you guys in advance for any suggestions or recommendations.

Oh my I'm sorry all. I dident see the thread just a few down about this. Please disregard this I will look there for my answers unless somebody has anything to add here. :doh:

It's hard to beat the AirDogII 165 for ease of installation on the Duramax trucks. I actually prefer to just use the factory pickup and the supplied quick connect fittings that will connect directly to the OEM fittings. No need to drop the tank or install a draw straw. If you want to use your sump with the AirDogII, youll need a fitting to screw into the sump that is 1/2" pushlock/barb. That way you can cut the quick connect fitting off of the AirDog hose, and slide it directly onto the fitting on the sump.

I believe my sump kit comes with a 1/2 inch barbed fitting. If not I can find one. How loud is the a/d ? Also I'm going to be pushing over 600hp so I need the flow will the a/d support that ? Thanks for chiming in

Hope your doing a little more than tuning if your looking for 600+ . I usually suggest the airdog as mentioned for it's ease of installation and they're quite a bit quieter than a fass.

The AD2 will be more than enough to support 600hp. You would be fine with just a Raptor 150 but the extra filtration of the AirDog unit is nice, especially for the common rail system.

So before I take my new truck out to duramax tuner next month to have it tuned and have the tranny put together I need to add a lift pump. So what is everybody using. I have been looking at the fass 150hd and the airdog 165. Is there a real benifit to either ? Do either make you run completely new fuel lines from tank to cp3 ? I have a Xdp tank sump ordered so is that something I need to consider when choosing ? Also wich filters have a better life span ? Thank you guys in advance for any suggestions or recommendations.

You should take a ride down rt29 to johnstown and go see Ivan @ 4sight. He can usually match internet price and have the stuff in a day or two.

Not that i have anything against Duramaxtuner, but if you wanted to travel for a tranny, going down to maryland and having George Alexander ( Big Dipper) do it probably would have been more economical than driving to illinois.

You should take a ride down rt29 to johnstown and go see Ivan @ 4sight. He can usually match internet price and have the stuff in a day or two.

Not that i have anything against Duramaxtuner, but if you wanted to travel for a tranny, going down to maryland and having George Alexander ( Big Dipper) do it probably would have been more economical than driving to illinois.

The reason I'm taking it to duramax tuner is because they are putting the twin turbos in it and I wanted to have it tuned on the dyno. And yes I'm doing a lot more then tuning to sustain over 600. As far as the raptor pumps go or the pumps that opie sells I can't do it. I need the filters. When I install either the a/d or fass should I delete the stock fuel filter ?

I have never heard of 4sight. Ill look him up.

Last edited:
Yea I would delete the factory filter as long as you get a lift pump that has filters. Then you can run 1/2" from the sump all the way to the cp3. Iirc someone makes a 1/2" fitting for the cp3.

Instead of the HD series I would recommend the Titanium series pump to install it is a compact version of the HD series. The only difference between the two is the filter base and the filter sizes. Both pumps take the same motor and gear and both have a lifetime warranty. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Yea I would delete the factory filter as long as you get a lift pump that has filters. Then you can run 1/2" from the sump all the way to the cp3. Iirc someone makes a 1/2" fitting for the cp3.

So what would I do. Buy 1/2" fuel line and 1/2" fittings for the airdog, Cp3 and the sump kit (if it doesn't have a 1/2" fitting) ? All so is the PPE high flow cp3 line necessary, does it help ? What size are the stock fuel lines on the inside ? I have not had mine off yet.

Last edited:
Back