Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #21
Justin Rhodes

Name: Justin Rhodes
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostnwalmart View Post
triple check for drive pressure or exhaust leaks, if its getting into the 30+ psi range it should want to takeoff from there. What turbine housing does it have?
Ill check drive pressure, definitely no exhaust leaks. It has a .90 turbine housing.

I haven't checked the pop pressures but last time engine was ran before this build, the same injectors performed flawlessly. They are 140* spray 5x.018s with 300 bar. Definitely wont rule this out.

You can black out the sun with no afc, until it spools up to about 20 psi then it starts thinning out the smoke a lot. At WOT fully spooled (35 psi) its still black, but it isn't extremely think smoke.

Truck acts exactly the same with or without an afc. Obviously you can flood the charger without an afc but it isn't terrible to drive, just got to be smart with the pedal.

I think once I find the problem, the truck will smoke less up top and run cooler.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I'll do some more tests and post what I find.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #22
stubz616

Name: stubz616
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
12v Low on power and boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Rhodes View Post
You can black out the sun with no afc, until it spools up to about 20 psi then it starts thinning out the smoke a lot. At WOT fully spooled (35 psi) its still black, but it isn't extremely think smoke.

This problem is going to be something weird... This scenario doesn't add up with the high EGTs going off of common knowledge which is the weird part... I hope you get it figured out

I like to go fast
95 RCLB Farrell Diesel Stage 5 13mm pump,Hamilton Springs,Retainers,Pushrods,Fluidampr,Steed Speed,S467.7/soon to be S488 atmo,Full Billet Trans,DPC 4 disk TC,BD Pressure Loc,Haley Speed 5x.022s,Diesel Pros Custom Cam,O-Ringed,.010 over HG,A1000,Hellman sump,625 Studs, 30*

Old 06-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #23
JQmile

Name: JQmile
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
You have another turbo you can throw on?

Old 06-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #24
longhorn859

Name: longhorn859
Title: Brap.
Member`s Gallery
What ofv does it have and what is fuel pressure like?

Old 06-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #25
Justin Rhodes

Name: Justin Rhodes
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn859 View Post
What ofv does it have and what is fuel pressure like?
It has the 060hp tork tek, fuel pressure is above 30 psi is all I can tell. I had an 30 psi fuel pressure gauge laying around that I threw on there just to test. It never offered to drop any at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQmile View Post
You have another turbo you can throw on?
Unfortunately no. I don't have access to any smaller or larger s400 based chargers that would bolt up reasonably. I'd like to change it just to rule it out.

Last edited by Justin Rhodes; 06-25-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:13 PM   #26
SuperiorRam

Name: SuperiorRam
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Did you try running without a air filter by chance?
Just like it was said before this does sound strange I have the sameish setup and there's no holding that thing back after 10 pounds of boost it pegging a 60 lb gauge
SRT Challenger 6 speed

Old 06-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #27
083_mac

Name: 083_mac
Title: Bruiser
Member`s Gallery
This is a simple thing to check and probably isnt the case. But its easy enough to try. Check the fuel shut off make sure it returns all the way back. My wasnt returning all the way and it was low on power felt like i went from a ve to a ve... But from what I am told it wont allow full rack travel. Good luck!

Closed Thread