whats the next step to get more power?

Alex97

alright guys I have done everthing in my sig, going from the stock sticks and turbo, too the 5x14's with 62/65/14 I seen only a small gain of power? stock timing have not re tuned the afc due to the fact that I was going to after I change the timing too about 18*?

Your not going to see much gain till you change the timing. All your doing now is making a smokey mess

Your not going to see much gain till you change the timing. All your doing now is making a smokey mess

that's good to know, it does smoke easy I try to just roll into the throttle and its still hazy. will it be a noticeable power gain? I have to find a shop that can do it, the only one I have found so far is a state away (about 5 hours) ugh.

Is it a 180 or 215? No more then 24 for a street truck. I would keep it under 20 myself if you use the truck with trailer. That's conservative

I usually set up a semi "hot" street truck between 18 and 20. Where are you located? Let us know guaranteed there's a CompD member closer than 5 hours from you with a snap on timing kit.... if not, buy your own off ebay or whatever. They aren't cheap but if you are going to change it a few times its worth it to own one.

180 pump, I pull a trailer about once or twice a year lol. with only a car on it, just updated it but I live in Bremerton, Wa

Last edited:
18-20* is where I think you would be happy with the "all around power" there you won't lose too much on the low end but will see a noticeable difference in the higher RPMs.

you can buy the spline socket direct from snapon for $18 and time it by spill port. sp503 iirc

axidias79 on youtube has a ton of excellent vids. i suggest everyone watch the p-pump cutaway operation video to see what barrels, plungers, rack, afc, plate, governor etc all really do in operation.

Back