Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 08:18 PM   #1
97rada

Name: 97rada
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Hydroboost front line fitting

I did a hydro boost conversion on my 95 and found the front line fitting is something oddball. Does anyone have a fitting or know the fitting size? Thanks for your time.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:26 AM   #2
kawi600

Name: kawi600
Title: got Coal for Christmas
Member`s Gallery
I just bought the high pressure line that goes with the hydro setup. If youre making the line yourself Im not sure what it is. I think you can get those power steering fittings by themselves as well. Theres a stub line for the return that they sell with one. was pretty cheap.
hydro is an improvement, but my truck still has crappy brakes. Needs an oversize rotor.
Psalm 37:10,11
Isaiah 65:20

Last edited by kawi600; 01-06-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:11 AM   #3
97rada

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi600 View Post
I just bought the high pressure line that goes with the hydro setup. If youre making the line yourself Im not sure what it is. I think you can get those power steering fittings by themselves as well. Theres a stub line for the return that they sell with one. was pretty cheap.

hydro is an improvement, but my truck still has crappy brakes. Needs an oversize rotor.

I should restate, it's the front brake line in the hydro boost that I am missing. I have all the lines needed

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:35 AM   #4
f6jbob

Name: f6jbob
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
The 3500 caliper piston is larger than the 2500. Bolts right up.
2006 RCSB Dodge Goerend tranny and converter, Stainless Diesel twins and exhaust manifold, B&B intake manifold, T&C Diesel CP3, rail and dual prv, Hellman intercooler, Porting by Joker Fabrication, Isspro Performax gauges, AirDog fuel pump. Supported by Pure Diesel Power, Garmons Diesel Performance, Blacks Diesel Performance and above vendors.

Old 01-06-2017, 11:44 AM   #5
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Do you have new lines on the calipers? This made mine a completely different animal braking.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 01-06-2017, 11:48 AM   #6
97rada

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by f6jbob View Post
The 3500 caliper piston is larger than the 2500. Bolts right up.

Help that much

Old 01-06-2017, 07:30 PM   #7
WAYNES WORLD

Name: WAYNES WORLD
Member`s Gallery
Hydroboost front line fitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97rada View Post
I did a hydro boost conversion on my 95 and found the front line fitting is something oddball. Does anyone have a fitting or know the fitting size? Thanks for your time.
97rada,

While I was playing with my change, I cut the line & used the fitting when I did mine. I did several lines before I did my Line Loc correctly.
f6bob is right about changing the caliper.
I think you are talking about the fitting at the frame-------

WAYNES WORLD

Old 01-06-2017, 07:40 PM   #8
97rada

Member`s Gallery
Click the image to open in full size.
I am referring to the hole that doesn't have a fitting in it. The front fitting in the master cylinder

Old 01-06-2017, 10:28 PM   #9
kawi600

Member`s Gallery
I re-used that fitting too, when I did mine. Do you have a local pick-n-pull place you can go to, and just cut off that line? No idea what it is either. Youd have to match it up to something at the auto parts place.
If there are enough threads exposed you can maybe take a diameter measurement with calipers, and get an idea of the thread pitch.

Quote:
I should restate, it's the front brake line in the
hydro boost that I am missing. I have all the lines needed
Ive got the 8800lb GVWR axle on mine, I thought the calipers I got specific to that axle were already the same as the 3500? Ill have a look next time I go there. If it is a larger caliper, I might need the master that goes with it.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:17 AM   #10
WAYNES WORLD

Name: WAYNES WORLD
Member`s Gallery
97rada,

I had my lines made for me at the local hydraulic line store. They made it to the length I needed. Hope that helps.
I thought you were referring to the brake lines.

WAYNES WORLD

Old 01-07-2017, 03:47 PM   #11
f6jbob

Name: f6jbob
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Help that much
IIRC there is a noticeable difference. Go to your auto parts store. Measure the OD dimension of both pistons. If you're good at math figure out the difference in area and psi. Also the 3500 resevoir (spelling) will fit on 2500 master cylinder. I don't remember if piston in MC is larger or not. Probably not that hard to find out. YMMV
2006 RCSB Dodge Goerend tranny and converter, Stainless Diesel twins and exhaust manifold, B&B intake manifold, T&C Diesel CP3, rail and dual prv, Hellman intercooler, Porting by Joker Fabrication, Isspro Performax gauges, AirDog fuel pump. Supported by Pure Diesel Power, Garmons Diesel Performance, Blacks Diesel Performance and above vendors.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #12
97rada

Member`s Gallery
The front line on the master cylinder is 12mmx1.0. The rear seems to be 10x1.0 but the thread engaged isn't perfect

Old 01-09-2017, 12:51 AM   #13
kawi600

Member`s Gallery
I have a feeling the master that goes with the truck that came with hydro and still has the single piston caliper, is going to be larger since it has the extra assist.
If I remember right there was a hydro writeup on pirate4x4 where someone made note of the master piston diameters.
I still dont think that will help braking much on trucks with 35's maybe even 33's. I cant get mine to lock up at all, the wheel size overwhelms the brake rotor in terms of torque.
You really need oversize rotors and a larger clamping area to keep up with larger wheels, but theres no real options on that older dana 60. You can swap outer knuckles from a 3rd gen and use their larger parts and aftermarket offerings.
an OBS ford hub swap can get you a slightly larger rotor and 2 piston calipers.
Hope that helps you out with your setup if you have problems with braking like I did.

Closed Thread