Custom 12mm VE coming soon!

Could be due to the 4200RPM spring he puts in them but I know one thing is the variable timing goes from base to full advance around 1,500RPM.

It just so happens that I have an airdog I may sell. Not sure what my fuel system plans are for the ford, yet.

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

Just spoke to Giles. The pump is apart right this moment and assembly will start tomorrow morning. I brought up my concern about the governor spring and he agreed that the 3800 spring would work fine.

My guess is that you could take a Giles pump apart and still not know what he changed...other than what he tells you, spring, pin, h&r, etc.

You get them to do a pump for you, and I'll take it apart and tell you what was modded :shake:

I talked to him today too, just to touch base since I am a VE fan as well. He told me most of what he does, and they're all useful and cool tricks. Said 275cc out of a 12mm pump, which should be good for 500rwhp on big injectors. Seemed like a sharp cookie and a nice guy.

I talked to him today too, just to touch base since I am a VE fan as well. He told me most of what he does, and they're all useful and cool tricks. Said 275cc out of a 12mm pump, which should be good for 500rwhp on big injectors. Seemed like a sharp cookie and a nice guy.

PM me and spill it! LOL

hmmm anyone tore into a giles pump after you got it back to see the differences? I'd like to know more secrets of these VEs. Or more time, pumps, and a pump bench to figure it out on my own...

Isn't stomp running a giles 14mm? or what can he do with a 14mm pump and how do you get a hold of this guy?

Let me shed a little light on this subject. I run a Bradley's built injection pump with a KTA head and rotor. Ponci did help out with the fitting for the duel feed, but he tends to let Carl Bradley and I mess with the pump. Anything else and he is game.

On my stock 12mm that Carl tuned I made 432hp (220cc’s) back in 2005. Since then we were able to coach another 20cc (240cc’s) out of that pump by replacing the vane pump with a new one. I never did get another chance to dyno it to see where it was at with my current set up. I figure it would be close to 500hp.

I am not trying to take anything away from Giles, but everything was stock inside my pump. Nothing special, no secrets and that is no bull. It was maxed out and flowed on a test stand. I believe that allot has to do with having a good fresh pump. Not a worn out one with half a million miles on it.

Now if Giles is getting 275cc’s out of a 12mm pump that is flat out awesome and I might just have to give him a call and send a pump his way. I have watched some of his videos and some of his stuff is just insane especially at the rpm’s he is turning with his pumps.

That is just my 2 cents. I am not an expert that is for certain I just wanted to share my experiences with you guys.

FYI:
We gained 50cc’s (400-410cc's) of fuel using a 4mm cam plate in a 14mm pump up to 500rpm’s (1k engine) on the test stand. Anything above 500 that it dropped considerably and flowed less than a stock 2.8mm cam plate especially at the higher rpm’s. It also seized up and cost me about $1500 in parts during the second flow test. I won’t make that mistake again.

Stomp

Now if Giles is getting 275cc’s out of a 12mm pump that is flat out awesome and I might just have to give him a call and send a pump his way. I have watched some of his videos and some of his stuff is just insane especially at the rpm’s he is turning with his pumps.

Scheid was getting a little under 290cc with their 12mm pumps, with some delivery valves they don't make anymore or something. Of course stands, injectors, etc all vary. What I'll be stoked to see is if someone can crack 500rwhp on fuel with a 12mm. There are a few guys who are super close.

Not sure what my 5x.012s are capable of with pop pressures between 240-245bar but hopefully I'll be able to hit the dyno shortly after getting the 12mm in. If the pop pressure is too low for good power, I can stick my 4x.014s back in while I have the 5x.012s reset. Sure wish I had a bench tester!

I'll be curious to see how your truck does. I bet it runs pretty darn clean, and makes good power too.

It runs pretty clean as is, considering. I leave a slightly noticeable haze at WOT. The other thing about Giles is he tunes the AFC so well that smoke is kept to a very minimum.

Here's a video of my buddy's with a 12mm on the dyno:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDlpnZE9ZuE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDlpnZE9ZuE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

BTW, is the title for Project Rust Bucket transferable? Mine is essentially its big brother and yours isn't exactly a rust bucket anymore LOL.

Last edited:
What I'll be stoked to see is if someone can crack 500rwhp on fuel with a 12mm. There are a few guys who are super close.
I believe that allot has to do with having a good fresh pump. Not a worn out one with half a million miles on it.

Working on it. ;)

7fed9b1e.jpg

but I know one thing is the variable timing goes from base to full advance around 1,500RPM.
Thanks for the tidbit. That helps confirm something I've been thinking about. ;)

Last edited:
It runs pretty clean as is, considering. I leave a slightly noticeable haze at WOT. The other thing about Giles is he tunes the AFC so well that smoke is kept to a very minimum.

Here's a video of my buddy's with a 12mm on the dyno:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDlpnZE9ZuE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BTW, is the title for Project Rust Bucket transferable? Mine is essentially its big brother and yours isn't exactly a rust bucket anymore LOL.

That's a good looking, clean running truck!! :Cheer:

Back