315/75/16 load range E tires

zstroken

For $$$ your name here
What is out there, this doesn't need to be aggressive. I just use this on my tow vehicle.

I run 285/75/16 now and my big gripe is 6th gear is just a touch too steep and my EGT's like to run around 1200 if I am running 65mph or less. If I can run 80 the EGT's are fine. So I figure with the 315 I can run 5th gear while towing and run 70 or 75 and not be turning 2900 rpm. Then when I am not towing I can use 6th gear.
Also who has mounted the 315/75 on the factory 97 chrome clad wheels(16x7").

I could also be persuaded into a D range, if the weight rating was high.

I mounted 315/75s on factory 16x6 steel rims for a while. It did wear the center off a little faster but it worked fine

A 315 is really to wide for the factory steel wheels, you are going to have lots of wobble from the sidewall if you go that route. Nitto makes a grappler that is a 295 series, about the same height but equivalent to a 34x10.50 or so. Available in E range I believe also.

They make a 295x75 from what I have found, but only in a load range D.

I have the Nitto 295/75's, they are a D but they are also 3415lbs/tire. I have em mounted on 16 by 8's and they work good but they're actually only 33 inches tall.

Yea I would like a 34 inch tire, I guess putting them on a 7 inch rim would add a little height to them. How do you like the 295's? Are they terra grapplers? How are they wearing? Do you tow much with them?

Ya, they're terra grapplers. I got em used an they're wearin ok. I tow some with em, mostly 24 ft stock trailer and they do great. I wish they would throw mud a little better but they're great on the hard ball. They also hook purdy good on the drag strip for a AT street tire.

Ya, they're terra grapplers. I got em used an they're wearin ok. I tow some with em, mostly 24 ft stock trailer and they do great. I wish they would throw mud a little better but they're great on the hard ball. They also hook purdy good on the drag strip for a AT street tire.

If I get 50,000 out of the tires I would be happy.

Can't guess at total mileage you could expect since mine were used when I got em but I've got about 7k so far and they haven't worn too bad.

Yea I would like a 34 inch tire, I guess putting them on a 7 inch rim would add a little height to them. How do you like the 295's? Are they terra grapplers? How are they wearing? Do you tow much with them?

They are only really about .5" larger in diameter than a 285. I'm not sure if you could get another .5" out of them to get to 34", but you might with that narrow tire.

I have 295s on my 02 and they have been pretty decent. I think they could have a little better mud or snow traction, but its not terrible. I have 33k on mine - probably could get another 7k or so out of them, but my truck is out of alignment and I wore off one of the edges of my right front tire. I haven't towed much with them.

I know that Toyo makes load range E tires that are bigger like the size your looking for. Check them out.

look around and pick up a set of 19.5's, you can likely get into a set for under 1k wheels and all. Once you run them the only worry you'll have about weight is if you can stop the SOB or not! (<speaking from seat staining experience)

I have kept my eye out, I missed a deal last year on some. If anybody runs accross some, hit me up.

Where do you find some 265 19.5 tires at? Anything to stay away from?

Back