Injector Pop Test

4x4dually

Alright, diesel heads. What do you guys think about me pulling my injectors with jammer tips and having them pop tested? Here are my questions:

1) When they test them, they will set them to all match, right?
2) Will I 'really' notice a difference in my idle and while driving?
3) What would be a decent price for such service?
4) Is it hurting anything in my motor if they are not "matched" or do I just lose performance? Can it harm the VP44 if they are all different?
5) How much performance do you 'really' lose if they are not matched?
6) I guess I could call Edge and see what they would charge to clean them and test them. Is that a good idea or should I have it done elsewheres?
7) Anyone know someone who owes them a favor where I could get it done for an "affordable" price???? Hook a brother up!!!

I bought the Jammer IV's from a buddy in Arkansas and he said they had about 10,000 miles on them. I don't think he ever had them tested either. I just swapped the whole injector and sent him my stockers. What would you guys who live and breathe diesel smoke think I should do?

Timbeaux38 said:
Is it idling rough now? If not, I wouldnt worry about it.

Not bad at all really. I tried a set of those High-Flow Connector tubes and that shot the idle to complete heck! They were my buddies so it didn't cost me anything to try them. Not recommended unless you want your diesel to sound like a muscle car that is cammed out. My wife loved it, me on the other hand, I got tired of folks asking me "what the heck is wrong with your truck?"

I'm just trying to think of things to do that don't cost much that would increase my "smile factor" and help prevent other failures.

Then the answer to your question is N.O.S. LOL :evil: :evil:

And I thought your probs were from the Edge box?

It is the Edge box, but I'll have to prove that once I get the new one. But when I get the new on in, I want to check my valve lash and do a few other little piddley things to tidy up some lose ends. I just thought if it would help mpg and performance, I'd do it if I could do it cheap. I've never checked valve lash, so I kinda wanted to learn how to do that. I have the '01 repair CD from Dodge and it doesn't look too hard.

I don't see a need to get them checked, but it won't hurt. Do it if it'll make you feel better. Also if you get them checked and somethings up you can have it taken care of then as opposed to later. That's my $.02

On the valve lash, if it's a touch bit loose leave it be. With a well broken in motor you really don't want them tight, this is according to Mr. Garmon.

Back