C/R more better ??

Rods

Turbo Crasher
Is more C/R better when usen HI boost say 60psi or lots of NOS or is it better to lower it some ??

Smokem said:
Under 15:1 compression you trade off streetability for longevity of internals at high boost pressures. If this is for a 24v, machine 0.005-0.006" of a set of '06 Common Rail pistons to lower compression and add valve clearance without fly-cutting.

When flycutting pistons the ones I'v seen (12v) they just mill big slots across the whole piston . Why not just use the valve cutter ? When I worked @ TEA he had an old head that he cut for one cylinder placed the valve cutter were he needed and done the fly cutting that way ,, and most of the time he done this with the engine together guys changing cams so much didnt have time to tear it down

So under 15 hard start becomes an issue ?? I'm still usen the stock H/G but with orings, stock bolts too @ 150lbs . But i was thinking on a 20 over 12v marine

Rods said:
To hi tech ?

:umno:

I guess I find it a little hard to talk "hi tech" with some one that can't complete a full coherent sentence, or actually use real words.

I'm sorry Miss Jackson

BTW If U dont have nothing positive to say please excuse yr self THX

Last edited:
Yeah thats the way they should b , local guy here got some from EEP and it looks like they set them on a mill and cut big slots across the whole piston to gain the clearance from one side to another

Back