2wd Diesel Class Proposed Rules

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
Here are a copy of the Proposed rules for Two , 2wd classes Thet the Battle of the Bluegrass Pulling Series has drawn up. Take a look and tell me what yall think, and if any of yall would be intrested in building a truck to fit in either class. I have been told that if we were to get 4 or five trucks built, we will be made a full time class with BOB, and other orgs i have talked to would let us run also.

Here are the proposed rules:

Pro Street Diesel Truck 2WD (2.6)

All rules are the same for the class as the Pro Street Diesel Truck (2.6) except for the following:

30 inch hitch height

Stock Chassis (refer to current 2.6 rules for chassis, Found Here.. Welcome to the Battle of the Bluegrass Pulling Series! ).

Rear Ends must be a truck rear end, no larger than a two ton truck. Any rear end can be used for any make or model of truck.

Engine Rules are the same as the current 2.6 class.

Hood stacks are legal.

Tire rules are the same as the Pro Street Diesel Trucks (2.6).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Stock Diesel 2WD Truck:

30 inch hitch height.

Individual Brakes are legal.

Any type of rear end is legal.

Fiberglass bodies are legal. Fiberglass bodies must maintain the integrity of the make and model of the truck.

Flip top or Funny Car style bodies are legal.

Tube chassis are legal. Chassis rules are the same as Super Stock 2WD Trucks. Refer to these rules for Chassis questions.

Limit of one 3.0 charger. Charger will be a spec charger.

Agricultural motors are legal with a cubic inch limit of 470. Engines will follow the Pro Farm Tractors. Please refer to Pro Farm Tractor rules for engine limits.

DOT Tires only. Trucks may use dually tires. Tire rules are the same as the Pro Street Diesel Trucks(2.6).

I like the idea of being able to use a 2-ton rearend as the Pro Stock 2wd gas trucks have done for years. Would cut back on the cost alot, and cut breakage down to a minimum (Rearend wise).
What is everyones elses take on this??
The biggest reason I havn't went to a bigger rearend yet is that would put me out of alot of classes i run in since the rules say 1-ton or less. But Im tired of throwing so much into my D80 in a years time. I could have bought two or three, two tons by now..lol So Ill probably be doing this swap and go back to running exhibition and hope for enough trucks (and other orginizations) to follow suit so we can have a killer class. :thankyou2:

Thanks for lettin me ramble..lol jusy wanted to get this out there for those who havnt seen it yet.

Lynn

So now you can run a rockwell!!!

I dont think the f106 ever came in a 2-ton format but there are SOO many more options out there for ya!

So heres how Im seeing it..........

You fit in the 2.6 class pretty well, with the rear end change.

And Dale is a perfect example of the Super Stock class....with a 3.0 charger instead of twins.

Heres the big question that I know will come up sooner or later.........

Can the 4x4 guys run if they take their truck out of 4wd? Or do they need to drop the front driveshaft?

A lot of our gas classes around here just make them take the truck out of 4wd and they can pull in what ever 2wd class that was there. But then it got someones panties in a bunch and they had to drop the front driveshaft.......

Lynn I'm trying to get a 2.6 truck together just not making much headway right now. I really want to see the class take off. What about allowing the 2wd trucks to run a t-case is that going to be allowed in the 2.6 class?

So now you can run a rockwell!!!

I dont think the f106 ever came in a 2-ton format but there are SOO many more options out there for ya!

So heres how Im seeing it..........

You fit in the 2.6 class pretty well, with the rear end change.

And Dale is a perfect example of the Super Stock class....with a 3.0 charger instead of twins.

Heres the big question that I know will come up sooner or later.........

Can the 4x4 guys run if they take their truck out of 4wd? Or do they need to drop the front driveshaft?

A lot of our gas classes around here just make them take the truck out of 4wd and they can pull in what ever 2wd class that was there. But then it got someones panties in a bunch and they had to drop the front driveshaft.......

Yes Jeff. I can do that with BOB and also in My local org when they have a super street class.
And Really that hasnt been brought up b/c most 4wd guys wont put themselves to a disadvantage like that.
Great Idea though. Id like to see it.

Lynn I'm trying to get a 2.6 truck together just not making much headway right now. I really want to see the class take off. What about allowing the 2wd trucks to run a t-case is that going to be allowed in the 2.6 class?

Andy I havnt herd on the t- case. That will be a detail that will get brought up though. They are pretty much basing the rules like the Pro 2wd gas guys. They can run a big rear end but must keep OEM 2wd trans 1 ton or less.

I have another guy here with a 2wd 1st gen, Im gonna try and get him to follow me on this, then there will be two.. Andy yours will be 3.. Pretty soon we will take over the world..buwhahaha... :evil oh wait..lol sorry to much. :hehe:

Lynn

I've got to get the 82 together and sold so I can start work on the 95 since it's a better starting platform. Hope to get one together to run a little next year.

Andy I spoke with Tom tonight, And asked him about the t case idea, he said he didnt see why it wouldnt be possible. so sounds like an idea to ponder on.

Lynn

Good deal Lynn. That will make things a little easier if I run an auto. I'm trying to get ahold of a donor truck but he has been giving Mr. The run around all year.

this is cool, i want to pull my truck after the tranny is built. hope this moves along good!

At least I am a example for some thing.

O before I forget a big congrates to Lynn for make the Dieasel world mag.:clap:I still have to go get it. haven't had time yet.

Dale

It depends on how many trucks are ready to run. Lynn is the only one in the circut that pulls a 2wd 2.6 truck right now that i know of.

I think Joe has a piont I agree with him.Unlimted single
Lynn are they still going to alow our's(gambler) to pull with their 2wd mod's

Dale

I think Joe has a piont I agree with him.Unlimted single
Lynn are they still going to alow our's(gambler) to pull with their 2wd mod's

Dale

As far as i know Dale. You will be welcome anytime. :Cheer:

Also Im trying to get another meeting set up for all the 2wd guys to get together. Ill post up when I get more info. For thos who have questions and cant make a meeting, just PM me and Ill take a notebook with me so i can cover everything.
Lynn

I think letting the big truck rearends into the classes are going to kill some of streetability of them...Thats if your trying to keep them as street trucks...

For a 2.6 I think they should only be allowed a 2wd tranny...

For a 3.0 they should be allowed to use a T-case if they want and must run on stock tires...

Then open driveline/unlimited single/limited twins with a stock frame and body on cut tires limited to 35x18.50 or non-cut DOT tires of any size...

Then you have Dales class, Open 2wd...You could always let the open driveline trucks jump up and run with them when you didnt have enough but include a weight brake cause the open trucks are running smaller tires and less turbo...Like having Open class trucks mixed with 3.0 open driveline trucks in the 4x4 class...

But thats just how I would brake them down in my tiny little world...

I think letting the big truck rearends into the classes are going to kill some of streetability of them...Thats if your trying to keep them as street trucks...

For a 2.6 I think they should only be allowed a 2wd tranny...

For a 3.0 they should be allowed to use a T-case if they want and must run on stock tires...

Then open driveline/unlimited single/limited twins with a stock frame and body on cut tires limited to 35x18.50 or non-cut DOT tires of any size...

Then you have Dales class, Open 2wd...You could always let the open driveline trucks jump up and run with them when you didnt have enough but include a weight brake cause the open trucks are running smaller tires and less turbo...Like having Open class trucks mixed with 3.0 open driveline trucks in the 4x4 class...

But thats just how I would brake them down in my tiny little world...

Well Most of the 2.6 trucks that i know are far from streetable anymore. Street legal maby, but far from streetable. The biggest reason is that with the HP the 2.6 trucks are making a d80 wont live very long. I have discovered that first hand.

Lynn

If we have to stay one ton rear i'm going to try the AAM under my puller. I'm not rushing mine hoping we get a good set of rules so I dont have to do everything twice.

Andy

IMO this is no were a street class nor is it intended to b there's a reason that 2wd prostock trucks run big rears this was proven years ago when it evolved And Lyn knows this first hand ,, and the price to have a big rear is half of what it takes to build a D80 , My 2wd will have a big rear No matter what , heck i cant even buy a stock D80 for what I have in my complete rear end

Back