0.83 short outlet t-4 68 turbine

:what:So this one is for a S300 frame, right? If so FI has them and they said they have the housings on the shelf and would be no problem if I needed to order one as a replacement for another charger, That was 6 months ago. But also just got another turbo from them with the same exhaust not even a month ago for another truck.

Yes. It is the short version. I was under the impression some might have thought they weren't really available. I mainly ordered it to confirm the part number and see just how short it was. I'll sell this one if someone wants it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. It is the short version. I was under the impression some might have thought they weren't really available. I mainly ordered it to confirm the part number and see just how short it was. I'll sell this one if someone wants it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much?

I've been running one for a couple years on a s362 in a twin setup. Mine came from FI drilled for t3 bolt pattern and it's bolted right to my manifold.

great info! thank you very much for putting that out there. This will make my next couple projects more interesting

do you have experience doing this? good results? thanks

I actually did one yesterday but welded a 4 in vband on a t4 1.25 for a s300. I put it in the oven and heat it to 450deg. Weld on the flange. Then put it back in the oven for 30 min at 450deg. Then shut it off and let it cool in the oven. It works fine.

The 309ss rod would be the better choice even on the mild steel it will have better chance of surviving repeated heating and cooling, One of the better tig rods for exhaust housing and doing modifications like being discussed would be a 347ss rod used for airplane headers designed for extreme temperature change on exhaust systems it welds very nice and smooth.

I use many varieties of wire at work, I have had good luck with nickel-copper wire on cast manifold applications and had also given some thought to trying 2209 duplex stainless for a job like this due to the ferrite content, however duplex stainless is intended for corrosion resistance not heat.

At any rate, I appreciate the sharing of your knowledge and information on the subject guys, thank you

Still why revert back to modifying a housing when you can just buy it they way you want it? That was kind of the point of this thread.

Usually time, money, availability are the reason... do you have the part number for that short housing ghostman?

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

I do, but you will have to ask Weston for it. He gave it to me, I do not know if he wants it to be privy.

Back