Industrial phatshaft rebuild

Peterson

Ok guys got a problem. Borg s300 phatshaft from ii doesn't take the same bearings as a regular s300. Factory s300 o.d. on the bearings is .75". The ones I took out are around .81". Am I missing something or? Bought a severe duty rebuild kit and don't have the right bearings....

the bearing housing is probably a reman that has been punched out for a bit bigger bearing. we use to go up to a few thousandths bigger then pitch the housing. ive been away from it for awhile and do not remember where we got our oversized bearings.

We use a custom built proprietary to us bearing assembly and "Phatshaft" shaft that Borg built specifically for us. They are much stronger and more reliable than your standard s300 rebuild kits. We can rebuilt it for you starting at $450.

If it's a "phatshaft" then why does my factory bearings fit over the shaft? Little wider and bigger o.d. is all your bearings are. Looking for a factory bearing housing now. Just a bunch of b.s.

20180214_162935_zpsmw7g02jq.jpg

Because they are s310 frame bearings. Nothing proprietary. Grooved s310 bearings is all they are....

The thrust is the same, the sealing rings are the same, the thrust collar is the same, etc...

Exactly! Getting a price on bearings and also a price for new factory s300 bearing housing. So I could just use regular s300 bearings that are readily available to the public.

jlbay[CENTER said:
[/CENTER]es;2656479]How else would you control turbo prices?

I got a whole rebuild kit for from a local turbo shop for a silver bullet years ago. IIRC, it was only like $150.

Back