any updates on DR.PERFORMANCE

The truck looks good..but let me clarify something.
1...Pro Mods do not run on a 10.5 tire...not even a W. Also...in ADRL it's called Pro Extreme...not Pro Mod.
2...HMP seats 5000...Not 50,000. There will be SRO tickets...probably be 10,000 or so there...but not 50,000.

Look for my brother there...he's on Todd Moyer's XTF team.

Thats the "Demographics" from ADRL... Last year they had more people at the ADRL race in Ennis than the NHRA Nationals

And right, its not a "Pro Mod" but that it draws a pretty good picture for people who dont know about ADRL cars.

Tell your brother to stop by our trailer, we will be right in middle of the manufacturers' midway.

We also just picked up an ADRL car for sponsorship, Thomas Myers, he will be there.

Its gotta be ready by Thursday

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01179.jpg

What a great weekend at the ADRL race at Houston Raceway Park! Oh and... This race went down as the "Most Spectated" drag race in all drag racing history! At 12:00 on Saturday, there were 50,000 people there! At 7:00 that night, they had to stop letting people in the gates! Total spectators Saturday was over 70,000 people! It was HUUUUUGE! The entire ADRL organization was overly impressing, a first class group. There was one car that crashed and these guys are such a tight group, within ONE HOUR of the crash, the teams and his very own competitors put together $10,000 towards a new car! There were nitrous PRO MODS, XTREME PRO MODS (Blower cars), a 10.5 class (Thats ANYTHING goes as long as you run a 10.5 WIDE tire), Pro Stock Motorcycles, Pro Stock cars, and even junior dragsters!

The Dr. Performance race truck attracted an unreal amount of attention as well as the dragster. We only ran the truck though. It is surely enough running great, our only problem was that when I crashed it back in August, it blew out the shocks, the suspension was different since the truck got a new front half, therefor we had a little trouble hooking up. We only made a total of 4 passes and only 2 of those made it to the finish line under power because we kept blowing off the tires. No big deal at all though, we will have it set up for the NHRDA race at the TEXAS MOTORPLEX and be ready to run! The ADRL only runs 1/8th mile and our best ET was a 5.50 which didnt hook up until the 60' mark, as you know, the 60' is the most important. When I let off the trans brake it shook the tires, peddled thru it, started banging gears, and went 132 MPH to the 1/8th! Trucks super mean and cant WAIT for competition! Sounds like everyone had a great weekend in Arizona and a Huge congrats goes out to the Banks team from all of here at Dr. Performance! :clap:

Charlie has a boot on his foot.... he kick your ass again Greg? LOL

Awesome Job taking diesel stuff to the masses guys.

Charlie has a boot on his foot.... he kick your ass again Greg? LOL

Awesome Job taking diesel stuff to the masses guys.
:hehe::hehe::hehe::kick:

Thats why he wasnt driving at this event, he has to have the brace for 6 weeks, after that, then doctor determines whether or not he has to have surgery...

Ouch ; )

Good to see the truck back in action again, Alex - hope we get to line them up this year.

What's the story on the dragster?

Ouch ; )

Good to see the truck back in action again, Alex - hope we get to line them up this year.

What's the story on the dragster?

Well, we are only running the dragster at the NHRDA event at the Texas Motorplex, then its gone. We have a brand new dragster being built right now. It'll be nice to have a car built just for a diesel, rather than one that used to a gasser. Same thing you guys did. We should definitely have a chance to run the trucks this year, maybe the dragsters as well. When do you plan to bring it out?

Hey man thanks for the tickets. I nearly made it to the track haha! I got to that valero there right near the track pulled in got a drink and when I came out they shut the road down! Me and a buddy sat thee and bs'd for a couple hours with anybody that wanted to talk. So about 2 hours after they let the last few cars head that way we drove down to get in and they still havent gotten in the track yet! So in other words i wasted about 4 hours worth of my life trying to get in and didnt get to see one fast car! (well there was a honda civic pull in the gas station with spray painted flames)

I will for sure make it to the track in ennis though!

Hey man thanks for the tickets. I nearly made it to the track haha! I got to that valero there right near the track pulled in got a drink and when I came out they shut the road down! Me and a buddy sat thee and bs'd for a couple hours with anybody that wanted to talk. So about 2 hours after they let the last few cars head that way we drove down to get in and they still havent gotten in the track yet! So in other words i wasted about 4 hours worth of my life trying to get in and didnt get to see one fast car! (well there was a honda civic pull in the gas station with spray painted flames)

I will for sure make it to the track in ennis though!

Yeah, i know tons of people had the same problem, but at least you tried! Ennis should be a good turn out.

What a great weekend at the ADRL race at Houston Raceway Park! Oh and... This race went down as the "Most Spectated" drag race in all drag racing history! At 12:00 on Saturday, there were 50,000 people there! At 7:00 that night, they had to stop letting people in the gates! Total spectators Saturday was over 70,000 people! It was HUUUUUGE! The entire ADRL organization was overly impressing, a first class group. There was one car that crashed and these guys are such a tight group, within ONE HOUR of the crash, the teams and his very own competitors put together $10,000 towards a new car! There were nitrous PRO MODS, XTREME PRO MODS (Blower cars), a 10.5 class (Thats ANYTHING goes as long as you run a 10.5 WIDE tire), Pro Stock Motorcycles, Pro Stock cars, and even junior dragsters!

The Dr. Performance race truck attracted an unreal amount of attention as well as the dragster. We only ran the truck though. It is surely enough running great, our only problem was that when I crashed it back in August, it blew out the shocks, the suspension was different since the truck got a new front half, therefor we had a little trouble hooking up. We only made a total of 4 passes and only 2 of those made it to the finish line under power because we kept blowing off the tires. No big deal at all though, we will have it set up for the NHRDA race at the TEXAS MOTORPLEX and be ready to run! The ADRL only runs 1/8th mile and our best ET was a 5.50 which didnt hook up until the 60' mark, as you know, the 60' is the most important. When I let off the trans brake it shook the tires, peddled thru it, started banging gears, and went 132 MPH to the 1/8th! Trucks super mean and cant WAIT for competition! Sounds like everyone had a great weekend in Arizona and a Huge congrats goes out to the Banks team from all of here at Dr. Performance! :clap:

what were your times in Houston?

so what would those times be if you could keep going through the 1/4?? i'm REALLY bad with 1/8 times

Well, we have a very educated guess, (a hypothesis) :bang :hehe: of what it will back half with good traction, but I'm not gunna post anything until I can show a time slip and back it up. Just wait till the Motorplex. :rockwoot:

Well, we have a very educated guess, (a hypothesis) :bang :hehe: of what it will back half with good traction, but I'm not gunna post anything until I can show a time slip and back it up. Just wait till the Motorplex. :rockwoot:

alright let's put it this way... let's say it was getting horrible traction and couldn't back half worth a crap... then what would it run :hehe:

Back