any updates on DR.PERFORMANCE

Hey man thanks for the tickets. I nearly made it to the track haha! I got to that valero there right near the track pulled in got a drink and when I came out they shut the road down! Me and a buddy sat thee and bs'd for a couple hours with anybody that wanted to talk. So about 2 hours after they let the last few cars head that way we drove down to get in and they still havent gotten in the track yet! So in other words i wasted about 4 hours worth of my life trying to get in and didnt get to see one fast car! (well there was a honda civic pull in the gas station with spray painted flames)

I will for sure make it to the track in ennis though!

the said that the count was 67,000 people at 2 pm before the parking lots were full, and they started turning people away. that has to be a record for Baytown

Just for reference, my low-9-second drag car usually ran about 117 mph in the 1/8-mile, so they were making enough power to probably dip into the 7's if they hook up.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

We went out to the Texas Motorplex yesterday for the PINKS ALL OUT qualifier. We really just needed it to do some more testing, still ripping the tire pretty bad but steadily getting there. We only had 3 runs to try different wheel/tire setups and adjust suspension. By the way, we got in for PINKS to exhibitions. :rockwoot:

It happened at August Blackout 2008, in Edmonton. I'll let Alex tell the gory details, but apparently the injector rack hung open. He was trying to shut it down while slamming on the brakes as hard as he could, even popped the chute, but ended up launching airborne off the end of the track. Somewhere I have a photo I shot right after they brought the truck back, and he had bent the brake pedal trying to stop the thing.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I remember that run...It was insane!! (Friday night, before the Black-Out even started.) -Glad I walked over to see who was test running.
He had flames coming out of the exhaust before half track.

Hope to see it run again soon.:Cheer:

Well it's monday, Dallas race is this Saturday. Our truck is a little sick and you can see what it looks like below... This is about 5 hours of Monday work. We gotta get some new parts, rebuild the Bruno, (toasted it at the PINKS event) and start throwing it all back together and have it ready to load Friday morning. Also, the dragster has a broken frame rail because rough roads during transport. Soooooooo, we have 2 cars torn apart, and we plan to have both of them ready to run and make some good times this weekend. Thrash and trash!

DSC01342.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

Back