Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 09:14 PM   #21
BRE

Name: BRE
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmtruck09 View Post
Boy I thought the snow west sled forum was divas, what the hell happened to men on this planet? Haha seriously I gotta delete my membership, never seen such garbage haha

Oh c'mon kitten! Tell us how you really feel...
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 06-15-2017, 09:43 PM   #22
turbo2387

Name: turbo2387
Title: Nipple Fluffer
Member`s Gallery
750 is chit if you can do something more with it than just spin rollers. Pretty easy to make hp. Usable stufff for the street is different.

Be a keyboard hero yourself. Its easy. Like ya....well..... your stupid cat picture makes me sick. That awta teach that BRE guy for hurting your feelings. Lmao Kids.

Spend a few thousand give her the giggle gas and make 4 digits or spend a zillion dollars and all your spare time making usable stuff for the street and get some respect. It aint hard just be realistic with the canvas your working.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:44 PM   #23
turbo2387

Name: turbo2387
Title: Nipple Fluffer
Member`s Gallery
Also i only have 98 posts here. What does that make me?

Old 06-15-2017, 10:38 PM   #24
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Leave my phuckin cat alone...
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 06-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #25
Ram12vcummins

Name: Ram12vcummins
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature600 View Post
Anyone else think this is comical...the guy with 4 posts and asking us for help telling the guy with 40 posts he shouldn't need much more...

Some people just belong on Cummins forum...

Sorry, made me chuckle and had to be a d!ck...

Chris

That's funny chit lol

I been on cf last couple days poking round and I kinda feel homesick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Old 06-16-2017, 06:45 AM   #26
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Why the hate? I've built many trucks just never a 12v, was the first diesel my dad had on the farm. Guess my 750 hp 6.7 done qualify me to be on this page. Lol thanks glad your jealous though go else where to hate
Not jealous, try again.

Look, I don't care what you've done...you can't ask questions about a truck, then give advice in the same thread without looking like a fool...and you also can't argue that simple fact without looking like one.

Stick around, learn something about a 12v, and go on...just don't act like you're gods gift to diesel around here, because you're not. The guys around here are some of the best in the business...

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 06-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #27
farmtruck09

Name: farmtruck09
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature600 View Post
Not jealous, try again.

Look, I don't care what you've done...you can't ask questions about a truck, then give advice in the same thread without looking like a fool...and you also can't argue that simple fact without looking like one.

Stick around, learn something about a 12v, and go on...just don't act like you're gods gift to diesel around here, because you're not. The guys around here are some of the best in the business...

Chris
I wouldn't be asking questions if knew the answers to them lol, I just enjoy building motors and rigs and learning that's why I'm here. At any rate I went with stainless 363-480 a buddy shop deals w them and I like the quality and reputation. Thanks for input from some of you guys. Should be a fun time once those are strapped on

Old 06-16-2017, 09:11 AM   #28
Financial Mistake

Name: Financial Mistake
Member`s Gallery
Jesus Christ... it's like I'm back on Facebook.

Use your 6.7 for towing, and the 12V as a toy.

Done.

For phucks sake...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
P24V, Billet 62/68/14, Billet 475/96/1.32, 27°, Seth's Stg 3 @ 450cc, dual feed, DFI 7x12, Fass240, 110#, 425, p&p/3 angle/oring, ED freeze plugs, BD IC, VP MAX boots, stainless mani, Snow w/m, coolant bypass, CTS2, EAS, POS NV4500, valair quiet dual ceramic

Old 06-16-2017, 09:20 AM   #29
farmtruck09

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financial Mistake View Post
Jesus Christ... it's like I'm back on Facebook.

Use your 6.7 for towing, and the 12V as a toy.

Done.

For phucks sake...

Haha that's why I don't have fb. That's the plan. Been fun learning the 12v sure is a different animal all together.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #30
Financial Mistake

Name: Financial Mistake
Member`s Gallery
63/480 will be fine for what you want.
"SHOULD" be a solid little 800hp ish setup, which idc what anyone says, it's flat out fun on the street.

P24V, Billet 62/68/14, Billet 475/96/1.32, 27°, Seth's Stg 3 @ 450cc, dual feed, DFI 7x12, Fass240, 110#, 425, p&p/3 angle/oring, ED freeze plugs, BD IC, VP MAX boots, stainless mani, Snow w/m, coolant bypass, CTS2, EAS, POS NV4500, valair quiet dual ceramic

Old 06-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #31
farmtruck09

Member`s Gallery
h
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financial Mistake View Post
63/480 will be fine for what you want.
"SHOULD" be a solid little 800hp ish setup, which idc what anyone says, it's flat out fun on the street.

I'm hoping billet 5 blades will help my buddies rig picked up 200 rpm after going that route. Might not be instant spool but should be decent w the fuel i make. Hope the little nv4500 holds. I bet it even toes somewhat decent after talking w others and stainless more

Old 06-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #32
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
h
I'm hoping billet 5 blades will help my buddies rig picked up 200 rpm after going that route. Might not be instant spool but should be decent w the fuel i make. Hope the little nv4500 holds. I bet it even toes somewhat decent after talking w others and stainless more
Dont count on a lower blade count compressor spooling any quicker.

North American Turbo

Old 06-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #33
Brown diablo

Name: Brown diablo
Title: Out To Lunch
Member`s Gallery
I bought 5x18's and 5x14's one set for track one for DD. You can't really tune 12v down with big sticks it's gonna smoke twins or not. So I found either deal with the smoke an piss everyone off on the street or swap injectors. Super easy only takes 30/45 min. That's my two cents.
Head studs, O-ringed, valve springs, cam, bit of timing, pump work, full cut DV, dual feed lines, fass 220, 5x18 sticks, 64/14 over 480s, Firepunk comp 2, anteater stc, traction bars... just an old smokey 12V

Old 06-17-2017, 11:35 AM   #34
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown diablo View Post
I bought 5x18's and 5x14's one set for track one for DD. You can't really tune 12v down with big sticks it's gonna smoke twins or not. So I found either deal with the smoke an piss everyone off on the street or swap injectors. Super easy only takes 30/45 min. That's my two cents.

I don't fully agree with this statement...
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 06-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #35
kawi600

Name: kawi600
Title: got Coal for Christmas
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
Is there even one strong running Cummins with a super charger along with turbo? I've seen a few on here but no numbers or proof, and never heard anything of them much after. If it worked to be worth it I'm sure there'd be more.
most people dedicate a truck to drag/pull or towing/street. the rest make the compromise with a set of twins and suck up the low end smoke.
The super isnt for top end power its so you have good air in the low revs. Once the turbos spin to a certain pressure (or vacuum I dunno how people set them up) a bypass opens and allows the turbos to pull air from a second filter.
Turbos are a feedback device. Supercharger will make pressure until the turbos catch up.
Ive been wanting to do this for a long time on mine. Even with low timing its a smokey dog off the line unless I brake boost.
Psalm 37:10,11
Isaiah 65:20

Old 06-19-2017, 08:03 AM   #36
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRE View Post
I don't fully agree with this statement...
I fully don't agree with this statement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi600 View Post
most people dedicate a truck to drag/pull or towing/street. the rest make the compromise with a set of twins and suck up the low end smoke.
The super isnt for top end power its so you have good air in the low revs. Once the turbos spin to a certain pressure (or vacuum I dunno how people set them up) a bypass opens and allows the turbos to pull air from a second filter.
Turbos are a feedback device. Supercharger will make pressure until the turbos catch up.
Ive been wanting to do this for a long time on mine. Even with low timing its a smokey dog off the line unless I brake boost.

If you can tune an AFC, you don't have to compromise on smoke...assuming you are smart enough to not use the throttle as an on/off switch...

12v at 630hp with an HE551V (71mm single) and I didn't have smoke issues with a set of 5x.016's and a pump set at 450cc's. Maybe if I turned the pump up to the 650cc's it would have smoked more on the top end, but it wouldn't have changed the low end due to the AFC.

What I've found, is most people with bigger power 12v's think the AFC is limiting their power, so they either delete it, or just crank everything out of the way, and smoke and complain about spoolup.

But, what do I know...
Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 06-19-2017, 08:16 AM   #37
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I drive our toy/pulling truck on the street quite often.

Large 96x88 turbine S400 in a T4 housing
5x22s
5 speed
Scheid 180 pump
5ks

I can drive it close to smoke free or I can drive it like an azzhole. That being said, it is relatively stressful to have to watch your mirror while you drive in town.

North American Turbo

Closed Thread