Ecodiesel towing

BWC

Whats been everyones experience with towing? Whats the most you've hauled etc.

Any upgrades to the rear suspension?

It seems that air bags are almost a must. I've installed several sets. My brothers Ecodiesel sagged with a canopy and a storage drawer setup in the bed with some tools. Seem to tow well up to 8000 lbs or so, the most hes done.

I put 2” McGaughy’s drop springs on mine with Super-Ride air bags in the middle to reverse level my ‘14 1500 ED. It was a super easy install and I really liked the way it handled and towed before, but much more so after that. I rented a all steel car trailer and John Deere hydrostatic tractor with a loader and bush-hog on it several times. Don’t know exactly how much it weighed but the truck handled it like a champ. I was really pleased.

It seems that air bags are almost a must. I've installed several sets. My brothers Ecodiesel sagged with a canopy and a storage drawer setup in the bed with some tools. Seem to tow well up to 8000 lbs or so, the most hes done.

How much is a set? Yeah I put some weight in mine the other day and it snagged a lot haha

I put 2” McGaughy’s drop springs on mine with Super-Ride air bags in the middle to reverse level my ‘14 1500 ED. It was a super easy install and I really liked the way it handled and towed before, but much more so after that. I rented a all steel car trailer and John Deere hydrostatic tractor with a loader and bush-hog on it several times. Don’t know exactly how much it weighed but the truck handled it like a champ. I was really pleased.

Did you happen to get a pic of the setup?

I did get some pics of the install and setup. Unfortunately I lost them along with all the other pics and Vids I had of my old 1500 E.D. when my I-Phone met an untimely demise at work before I got it backed it up. Sorry man.

I put a set of these on my 2014

Amazon.com: AIR LIFT 60818 1000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit: Automotive

I have had 3300# of sand, as well as stone, millings, etc in the bed and never had an issue since adding these bags. I have also towed a bobcat, weight around 8500# and could maintain highway speeds, but it did not like pulling hills, I would lose speed on them.

If you are pushing its limits all the time be ready to change trans fluid often, but so far with what I have done with mine it still shifts fine. I have 144k on it as of this morning and have no issues hooking to a trailer and getting stuff if needed.

Back