Front brake upgrade ??

Mazak

I have a 2012 single cab hot street truck and caliper seized up .

Looking to upgrade the fronts .

What do you suggest ?

Drilled or slotted rotors help with heat/fade, and EBC Yellow Stuff pads bite really well.

I've only found one company that makes stainless braided lines for the front, they were expensive, and I don't think they're really needed. If you wanted some, measure lengths and just go to Parker to have them make you some.

Anything past that and you're likely looking at some big six pot Brembos/StopTech/Woodwill calipers.

Drilled or slotted rotors help with heat/fade, and EBC Yellow Stuff pads bite really well.

I've only found one company that makes stainless braided lines for the front, they were expensive, and I don't think they're really needed. If you wanted some, measure lengths and just go to Parker to have them make you some.

Anything past that and you're likely looking at some big six pot Brembos/StopTech/Woodwill calipers.

What’s the best priced six pots ?

Or it may be better asked “ What brand is the best bang for the buck if using six pots ? “

You're right. That's the better way to phrase it :lolly:

Usually if you want to do big brakes on the cheap, you find something that comes with big brakes stock and snatch parts off a totaled one for half price.

I haven't done it on a truck, but on Audi's I've grabbed Brembo 18z off a Porsche Cayenne and made them work. And a set of 4 pot Brembo's off an SRT Charger with some custom brackets.

It's not rocket science. Basically you want to either find something designed for a similar or greater application, and then you can do some math to figure out mechanical advantage (rotor size, caliper volume per piston stroke, pad surface), and if you're still towing heavy with the upgrade you'll want to be aware of heat dissipation (caliper isolation, rotor volume, vented or not, etc...).

Maybe an SRT10 truck would be a good starting spot?

Make sure to grab the master cylinder too as it's likely bigger. It should still bolt up to the HydroBoost no problem.

Back