Dodge steering.

4x4dually

Christ. Will Dodge ever design a 1-ton that will drive straight? :hehe:

I've been noticing lately that the '09 turd likes to go where ever it wants. I checked wheel bearings, tie rods, linkages, fluid level, etc. I can't see anything wrong with any of it. I added 10 psi to the tires and it changed for the better. I guess the Nittos are almost done.

I'm on my 3rd Dodge 1-ton now and there ain't been one of them that doesn't eat from tires. Sad. :(

They don't eat front tires, I've been paying somebody to sand down your tires while you're at work. I see I've almost broken you.

Learn how to drive... I've ridden in an old 2wd Mitsubishi pickup up a muddy hill driving around a few square body chevy's on 38"+ swampers that couldn't make it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Christ. Will Dodge ever design a 1-ton that will drive straight? :hehe:

I've been noticing lately that the '09 turd likes to go where ever it wants. I checked wheel bearings, tie rods, linkages, fluid level, etc. I can't see anything wrong with any of it. I added 10 psi to the tires and it changed for the better. I guess the Nittos are almost done.

I'm on my 3rd Dodge 1-ton now and there ain't been one of them that doesn't eat from tires. Sad. :(

My 2010 is still driving straight after 166K miles, so the 4ths are better in my opinion.

Chris

Ball joints may be going out. Most places will check for lateral movement but they need to turn freely as well. I thought my dad's 06 needed a steering box but the tire shop did ball joints while we were waiting on a backordered mopar power steering pump and that took out nearly all the play.

They don't eat front tires, I've been paying somebody to sand down your tires while you're at work. I see I've almost broken you.

I park right in front of a security camera at work. I'm going to the video now to figure out who that is. LOL

Learn how to drive... I've ridden in an old 2wd Mitsubishi pickup up a muddy hill driving around a few square body chevy's on 38"+ swampers that couldn't make it.

Add a stock trailer full of cattle behind it and tell me the same story....brah. LOL

Learn how to drive...... my ass. :doh:

I park right in front of a security camera at work. I'm going to the video now to figure out who that is. LOL

Add a stock trailer full of cattle behind it and tell me the same story....brah. LOL

Learn how to drive...... my ass. :doh:
For the handful, or less, times a yr of having a trailer in the field, just hook the tractor to the front of it. Be easier and worth having a better riding and driving truck with less wear parts in the front. Or, with the equipment you have, setup an area to load and unload cattle that you can get a truck in and out of. Why you ever need to have the truck in the field in the first place is beyond me. The cattle have legs, move them, not the truck. Should have a corral with loading shoot right up off the driveway.

For the handful, or less, times a yr of having a trailer in the field, just hook the tractor to the front of it. Be easier and worth having a better riding and driving truck with less wear parts in the front. Or, with the equipment you have, setup an area to load and unload cattle that you can get a truck in and out of. Why you ever need to have the truck in the field in the first place is beyond me. The cattle have legs, move them, not the truck. Should have a corral with loading shoot right up off the driveway.

Well, Mr. Smarty pants, I don't have a cattle working facility right off the driveway. I am however working at getting a few loads of gravel every now and then and getting a road to it. I don't drive my truck every day now that my wife works here. We commute together in her Buick. My first truck was a 2wd, that was in 1992. By 1996 I sold it and bought a 4wd. Screw 2wd. 2wd is for cars.

Cattle lot is at the end of this road. Truck is coming out of the yard. It's a long road. Got 3 loads just a few weeks ago.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1602[1].jpg
    IMG_1602[1].jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1601.jpg
    IMG_1601.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well, Mr. Smarty pants, I don't have a cattle working facility right off the driveway. I am however working at getting a few loads of gravel every now and then and getting a road to it. I don't drive my truck every day now that my wife works here. We commute together in her Buick. My first truck was a 2wd, that was in 1992. By 1996 I sold it and bought a 4wd. Screw 2wd. 2wd is for cars.

Cattle lot is at the end of this road. Truck is coming out of the yard. It's a long road. Got 3 loads just a few weeks ago.

attachment.php

attachment.php
Then why'd you build the lot so far way to begin with? Twd is where it's at. I'd like to think you'll come around but I doubt it!
But here's something else to consider, you said you've been driving her Enclave, ever consider the truck is fine, as good as it'll be, it's just never going to be as nice as the Buick? Now imagine how I feel stepping out of my wife's Enclave and getting into my 2nd gen! I just tell myself it's actually still pretty good for a 2nd gen, but it's still a 2nd gen so keep the expectations in check!

I was reading a research paper the other day that tested trucks with tow mirrors flipped out for no reason. Turns out it wears on the front tires due to coefficient of friction.

I was reading a research paper the other day that tested trucks with tow mirrors flipped out for no reason. Turns out it wears on the front tires due to coefficient of friction.
And we have a winner!!!???

...what are you doing wrong there? *bdh*

Nothing other than putting the cattle lot 1/4 mile from the house so I don't have to look at cow shit and smell it every hour of every day. Don't get me wrong, I love the smell of cow shit and enjoy the cattle....but I am not going to live with them.

And asshole of the week goes to ....... my older twin brother. :hehe:

Nothing other than putting the cattle lot 1/4 mile from the house so I don't have to look at cow shit and smell it every hour of every day. Don't get me wrong, I love the smell of cow shit and enjoy the cattle....but I am not going to live with them.

1/4 mile! Sure seems like it'd been a lot easier to just put it on the down wind side of the house. You get used to the smell anyway. We had a small beef herd, one neighbor was beef, the other was a dairy. I never noticed a smell unless I stopped and really sniffed for it.

No, I mean when you said 2wd was for cars and then talked about the wife's Buick...surely you don't make her drive 2wd?

Chris

Anybody know how to easily get partially chewed Subway out of a keyboard?

Back