Dodge V10 and cummins transmission differences?

my research tells me the NV4500 and NV5600 are identical behind either engine, but i may need a starter spacer?

On the autos i read the torque convertors have a different stall, but nothing on the internals

that is correct from what i know too, granted I don't know to much about it, but what little I do know tells me you are correct, makes sense too, I'm assuming converter on a gasser has a higher stall than a diesel cause I couldn't image wanting diesel stall on a gas motor

If it's a 47RH trans the governor weights will be different in the overdrive housing. There also might be a few shift valve differences in the valvebody, but i'm not sure on that.

It seams like "diesel" trannys are harder to find and a LOT more money. I can get V10 trannys cheap and LOCAL, since i will rebuild/build it before i use it, i dont see why not to buy the V10 trans, other then the core on a torque convertor?

well it would make sense that racers with a huge single would want the converter to lock up at a higher RPM which is what a gasser converter would be like, and are you talking about a 47re or 47rh? The only reason I can think of as far as price differences would be that anything with the word diesel attached to it would probably just cost more because of the word diesel, and maybe there is some internal parts differences, but if you're rebuilding it then it shouldn't matter, I wouldn't imagine using a stock converter either so stall should be determined by the builder of the converter

I dont know what i want as fa as a RE or RH, i might even go with a NV4500, im open right now, i dont have a truck yet to put the motor/tranny into anyways. And i agree the convertor needs to be built to match the motor and what the truck is used for. Otherwise its like going to walmart and asking for 4 round black tires, you dont know what your getting

My truck came with some gas parts in it. Accumulator springs were wrong and it had a 4 pinion OD planatary. I found out the hard way when I blew the planatary apart. I bought the truck new so I don't know what happened at the factory. It is definately a 48re but some internals could be different between v10 and diesel

I'm pretty sure Dave Goerend will buy or swap TC cores on V10's. As far as I know the biggest differences in a V10 47rh and a diesel are the TC, the VB, and the govonor weights.

You might be surprised. When we were trying to find a V-10 core for me he told me if I found any more to call him because he has a heck of a time finding them. He uses them in the bigger stalls, unless he has something different in the works now.

Back