Here goes nothing- Build Thread!

Ackerdiesel

Well I've contemplated this for awhile now progress is still slow but here goes nothing. I'll start from the top. It all began at TS 13 built trans, intake, exhaust the truck made 535/1175 but that wasn't hardly enough. Added a silver 66 and clicked off some low 8/high 7 sec 1/8 passes. Still not good enough so here's the truck back in the spring of 14 nothing special 150% Exergys, Dual Fuelers and a Bullseye 475/87/.90 ran 7.48 as it sat but as we all know that was t good enough either....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454878360.940298.jpg
Now we get into the fun of the current build. Had a little head gasket mishap in November of 14... Ended up finding the cam was trashed so here we are... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454878960.417075.jpg beginnings of my Enforcer at D&J
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454879125.282677.jpg 1" Longer D&J rods which we've all seen. Truck will have a set of the new FSR Pistons from Drew aswell. Stage 3 Head, Backed by an Cruel Intentions Diesel in house built trans with a Quad disk DPC converter, current fueling plans are a set of S&S Diesel Motorsports 400% over sticks and triple BD diesel 12mm stroker pumps, we're gonna start with a 486/96 on the mani under 2x 472/83 chargers that's subject to change though. The truck is caged and legal to 9.99 so we shall see how that goes haha here's some more pics of the build. Main hoop mockup-
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454879951.823429.jpg
Low Pressure fuel system thanks to Brad and Ashley@ Fass!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454880071.616443.jpg
Pair of Fass 220 GPH pumps mounted
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454880167.201822.jpg
Factory Cloth was getting broken down so it's being replaced with these guys:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454880254.726043.jpg
Miles @ Flight Fab hooked us up on these kick azz ladder bars
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454880547.073447.jpg
I'll update as I go along. I want to thank all everyone that has made this possible:
Ben@ Done Right Diesel Performance
Drew@ D&J Precision Machine
Brian@ BD Diesel
Lavon & Lyn@ Firepunk
Phil & Cristin@ Diesel Performance Converters
Darren@ Pro Street Diesel
Brandon & Jeff@ Drivelines Plus
Greg@ S&S Diesel Motorsports
Brad@ Fass Fuel Systems
Bruce@ B&B tooling

Ryan

Reason for the manifold charger being so big? I guess the engine and potential power doesn't Mach the role bar in my head

Reason for the manifold charger being so big? I guess the engine and potential power doesn't Mach the role bar in my head

Trying to cut back on gate usage a bit. Hopefully with the big charger I'll be able to spray heavy without gating. I know Derek Rose is running a similar sized charger on his. It's gonna take a bit of playing I predict to get the chargers sized right and still retain drivability at the power level we want to see

Ryan

May be way off. I initially wanted to run a 484/96:2x480/75s so we could change. Still negotiating a bit

Ryan

Trying to cut back on gate usage a bit. Hopefully with the big charger I'll be able to spray heavy without gating. I know Derek Rose is running a similar sized charger on his. It's gonna take a bit of playing I predict to get the chargers sized right and still retain drivability at the power level we want to see

Ryan

Why not go with an 8.50 cage? You will have the power

Guess I assumed race truck with air in excess of 1500hp. Wasn't suggestion anything, more questions out of curiosity

Guess I assumed race truck with air in excess of 1500hp. Wasn't suggestion anything, more questions out of curiosity

No sir were staying streetable. I wasn't meaning to be an ass I'd consider it. But don't wanna loose my rear seat.

Ryan

Interested in seeing the triple cp3 setup. Who is building it?

Currently will be a Firepunk pump bracket and a PPE and ill mod it from there as needed. I think the PPE/ATS bracket on the head will work with the Firepunk to cram them all in.

Ryan

Forgot to post up Friday evenings progress. Only had a short period of time to work on it but any progress is good progress. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454911450.117804.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454911460.164034.jpg

Ryan

Cut the dash. Its way better than...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1-IMG_4989.jpg
    1-IMG_4989.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 0
Back