Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2013+ 6.7L 385
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 07:06 AM   #121
Empty_Pockets

Name: Empty_Pockets
Title: Undercover Epa agent
Member`s Gallery
Ive tuned a few stock, and a few trucks with some hp with ctt and havent ever had an issue.

Old 11-12-2019, 03:29 PM   #122
frankencummins

Name: frankencummins
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Really like the way it pulled. Right up to the point where it broke the torque converter bolts or flex plate. Not sure, but here I sit watching the cars go by.

'15 Laramie Longhorn 3500, CTT Tuned (RIP),Revmax Signature 850, 60/60 towboss, S&S Torquemaster.
Sans government juice
'00 Cummins FASS 150, Airaid CAI, 5" exhaust, Quad Adr w/pv2, DAP 160's, Revmax signature series,triple disk, SDX 62/71/13. Perpetual project

Last edited by frankencummins; 11-12-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:18 AM   #123
Empty_Pockets

Member`s Gallery
Damn that sucks man. Any update on it?

Old 11-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #124
97rada

Name: 97rada
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
For those interested. I have a 14 with the aisin and I absolutely love it. Has a weird 1-2 flare shift that I am told is common but past that I love it. I am 26-28k total with race truck and trailer and set the cruise going up every hill on this side of the country.
I can tell it has dead pedal at time compared to a mechanical engine. So it knows how to keep itself alive. And for that I am happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 02-14-2020, 06:07 AM   #125
BRE

Name: BRE
Member`s Gallery
I’m waking this back up...

For 68’s who’s trans tuning is best? I’ve ridden in 3 different ones and I know out of the 3 who I prefer as far as feel when I’m just driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 02-14-2020, 08:37 AM   #126
fatty

Name: fatty
Title: VE
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRE View Post
I’m waking this back up...

For 68’s who’s trans tuning is best? I’ve ridden in 3 different ones and I know out of the 3 who I prefer as far as feel when I’m just driving.

I had a 2014 ram with a 68 and had PPEI tuning at first. The trans tuning was a lot worse than stock. It would almost never downshift and exhaust brake, it would just coast. I had then send me 4 or 5 different tunes to make it better and all of them were worse or the same. Told them I wanted a refund and got tunes from HPP. Their trans tuning was awesome. Anytime you let off it would lockup and exhaust brake until around 13-1400 rpm, then it would downshift and do it again. Also the shift pattern while accelerating was much improved with a lot less gear hunting when going around corners at low speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmega3500 View Post
H&S is the most copied.....

That says enough.
How do you know this? All it says is that tuners are lazy, if it's even true.

Last edited by fatty; 02-14-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Old 02-14-2020, 03:04 PM   #127
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Interesting... my truck has PPEI in it right now. While I won’t say I love it, I don’t feel it’s bad by no means.
Haven’t towed with it yet though and I don’t typically use the exhaust brake and as soon as I get a chance I’m pulling that POS turbo off and going s400.

I’ve ridden and drove PPEI, GDP, and Firepunk.

Firepunk is hands down my preferred but I don’t know if it’s worth paying to redo it all.
I’ve not found any hard evidence on anything that says PPEI has caused failures so I may just leave it.

There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 02-16-2020, 01:06 PM   #128
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatty View Post
I had a 2014 ram with a 68 and had PPEI tuning at first. The trans tuning was a lot worse than stock. It would almost never downshift and exhaust brake, it would just coast. I had then send me 4 or 5 different tunes to make it better and all of them were worse or the same. Told them I wanted a refund and got tunes from HPP. Their trans tuning was awesome. Anytime you let off it would lockup and exhaust brake until around 13-1400 rpm, then it would downshift and do it again. Also the shift pattern while accelerating was much improved with a lot less gear hunting when going around corners at low speeds

Update on this. Mine does the same thing as far as tow haul and exhaust brake unless you’re in manual mode then it completely changes everything so that’s a bit different to get used to.

RIP Dex KCCO

Old 02-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #129
Bersaglieri

Name: Bersaglieri
Title: Ron Swanson's Brother
Member`s Gallery
Has anyone done a fluid/filter service on their Aisin yet? I was going to do one with the next oil change. Seems Mobile 3309 is the same as Mopar's Aisin fluid. I'm planning a Mopar gasket and filter as well.

Looking for tips or advice on procedure and how many quarts I need.
1994 - LT1 - 4L80e - Moser

Old 02-17-2020, 03:53 PM   #130
TCDiesel

Name: TCDiesel
Title: Home of the Gold Pumps
Member`s Gallery
I have confirmed That 3309 Is the correct OEM Lube. 2013 Cross member extremely tight , Mine is so tight I needed to loosen the Rear Trans Mount bolts and raise it 1 3/4 inch.

You can Reuse the OEM Gasket if careful, I would have Backup if needed.

What's Odd My 2016 has enough room and NO need to lift the Trans. I also install Fumoto Valve. Its been on for 6 Years, I like it, Its much easier to get Good sample for analysis when running.

The fluid amount will change according to How you service the trans 4 to 7 QT's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aisin valve - Copy.jpg (120.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by TCDiesel; 02-17-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:19 AM   #131
Bersaglieri

Member`s Gallery
Thanks for that info TCDiesel, I'm gonna order the stuff and do service on it next week. How are you doing yours, just drop the pan, or should I pull the plug on a converter or something as well?

I've never sampled anything from anything, how after are you guys doing on that? Motor and trans I assume? I've got Fumotos on all my motors but none on transmissions, might have to do that on this one.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:14 AM   #132
TCDiesel

Name: TCDiesel
Title: Home of the Gold Pumps
Member`s Gallery
Their is NO plug on the TC, The first service you should drop the Pan Change filter inspect for cutch dust, the dust will cover everything, if its thicker than dust, change at 10K if still copious You should attempt to find out why, But in many cases you just can't without tear down of Trans. The life Blood of the trans is its fluid, service according to Analysis it will last 500K+ miles.

If Just lightly dusted just do 20-25K miles drain and fill Analysis.

I don't comment on Vehicles serviced by Shops we do Business with, but I will shared observations , Some owners Never service trans and when it fails, the Fluid looks like roofing Tar.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:23 PM   #133
Ugly Dodge

Name: Ugly Dodge
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDiesel View Post
Their is NO plug on the TC, The first service you should drop the Pan Change filter inspect for cutch dust, the dust will cover everything, if its thicker than dust, change at 10K if still copious You should attempt to find out why, But in many cases you just can't without tear down of Trans. The life Blood of the trans is its fluid, service according to Analysis it will last 500K+ miles.

If Just lightly dusted just do 20-25K miles drain and fill Analysis.

I don't comment on Vehicles serviced by Shops we do Business with, but I will shared observations , Some owners Never service trans and when it fails, the Fluid looks like roofing Tar.
Sorry for the bump but I just read every post. .. I remember in 2007 the AISIN was touted as having very long service intervals. 140,000 miles? I’m probably wrong and have been told that before. But I’ll feel less crazy if anyone else remembers something of that effect. I’d never try it. I adjust the front band every oil change with my 47re. I also agree with the thought process that the more people option the AISIN, the more aftermarket goodies will come.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:35 AM   #134
MufflerBearing

Name: MufflerBearing
Member`s Gallery
any progress on these transmissions?

Old 01-08-2021, 12:40 PM   #135
Bersaglieri

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MufflerBearing View Post
any progress on these transmissions?
I've heard nothing at all about tuning, which basically leaves us with internal part upgrades.

I've done some light reading on these and it depends on who you ask. Some, like Revmax, claim they are "a nightmare of a transmission", but sell and rate theirs at "over 800hp" with "Windows 95" tuning. Randy's Transmissions has them rated at 600hp and 1000hp and of course the guy absolutely abuses his on what seems like on a daily basis. ATS has one listed with no real details. From what I'm assuming it'll hold 600hp with a soft kit, converter, and valve body upgrades. Upgraded drums and pistons are the norm for the higher horsepower rated ones.

A decent number of people are tuning their trucks and using them stock without huge issues. Get over 500hp and it sounds like they are on borrowed time. Firepunk has a 2019 Aisin truck and it seems they have worked the engine tuning well enough to get the transmission to respond correctly. It would seem that with proper engine tuning you can run one in stock form with reasonable power without catastrophic results.

Mine is tow tuned with 210,000 miles at this moment. Since pressures seem to be the biggest weakness, and electronics can't be changed, I think that a valve body upgrade would be the most significant upgrade for an Aisin. I'd gladly put one in mine to help things. However, I see no valve bodies or kits for sale, just $6500-10,000 transmissions. I think a few places sell converters but it seems pointless without the pressure upgrades.

Links:
600hp Randy's - AS69RC Transmission
1000hp Randy's - AS69RC Transmission Stage 2 - (1000HP Max) - Transmissions - 13-18 6.7L Cummins - Dodge - Ram
800hp Revmax - Revmax Dodge AS69RC Signature Series Transmission
ATS -ATS | ATS Aisin AS69RC Performance Transmission Assembly, 4WD, 2013-Current RAM 6.7L Cummins
MTS Stage 1 - Dodge Ram 3500, 4500, 5500 Stage 2 Rebuilt Transmission | MTS Diesel
MTS Stage 2 - Dodge Ram 3500, 4500, 5500, Stage 3 Rebuilt Transmission | MTS Diesel
TCS Parts - AISIN AS68RC AS69RC | MOPAR Products | TCS Performance Products

On a side note, who is everyone using for oil and fluid analysis? I'm thinking I will start doing that on a few vehicles.

Last edited by Bersaglieri; 01-08-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Old 01-08-2021, 12:51 PM   #136
Empty_Pockets

Member`s Gallery
I use blackstone

Old 01-17-2021, 09:58 AM   #137
MufflerBearing

Name: MufflerBearing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bersaglieri View Post
I've heard nothing at all about tuning, which basically leaves us with internal part upgrades.

I've done some light reading on these and it depends on who you ask. Some, like Revmax, claim they are "a nightmare of a transmission", but sell and rate theirs at "over 800hp" with "Windows 95" tuning. Randy's Transmissions has them rated at 600hp and 1000hp and of course the guy absolutely abuses his on what seems like on a daily basis. ATS has one listed with no real details. From what I'm assuming it'll hold 600hp with a soft kit, converter, and valve body upgrades. Upgraded drums and pistons are the norm for the higher horsepower rated ones.

A decent number of people are tuning their trucks and using them stock without huge issues. Get over 500hp and it sounds like they are on borrowed time. Firepunk has a 2019 Aisin truck and it seems they have worked the engine tuning well enough to get the transmission to respond correctly. It would seem that with proper engine tuning you can run one in stock form with reasonable power without catastrophic results.

Mine is tow tuned with 210,000 miles at this moment. Since pressures seem to be the biggest weakness, and electronics can't be changed, I think that a valve body upgrade would be the most significant upgrade for an Aisin. I'd gladly put one in mine to help things. However, I see no valve bodies or kits for sale, just $6500-10,000 transmissions. I think a few places sell converters but it seems pointless without the pressure upgrades.

Links:
600hp Randy's - AS69RC Transmission
1000hp Randy's - AS69RC Transmission Stage 2 - (1000HP Max) - Transmissions - 13-18 6.7L Cummins - Dodge - Ram
800hp Revmax - Revmax Dodge AS69RC Signature Series Transmission
ATS -ATS | ATS Aisin AS69RC Performance Transmission Assembly, 4WD, 2013-Current RAM 6.7L Cummins
MTS Stage 1 - Dodge Ram 3500, 4500, 5500 Stage 2 Rebuilt Transmission | MTS Diesel
MTS Stage 2 - Dodge Ram 3500, 4500, 5500, Stage 3 Rebuilt Transmission | MTS Diesel
TCS Parts - AISIN AS68RC AS69RC | MOPAR Products | TCS Performance Products

On a side note, who is everyone using for oil and fluid analysis? I'm thinking I will start doing that on a few vehicles.
Yes i agree Randy beats the balls out of his trucks. his aisin loves it tho. i half wonder what he has figured out i remember a video he put up that had every light on the dash on and the aisin was getting it. and he made a comment about something with he will deal with the lights if his aisin would work like this all the time or something. i will have to look for the video.

i think what i hate the most are my 3.42's my trans does great truck just needs more off the line when loaded.
4.10s would prolly work well.

Closed Thread