Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
roachie

Name: roachie
Title: Taco Master
Member`s Gallery
Getting the pump bench tuned

My pump will be coming off soon to go to the pump shop. Im thinking Ill have them build the little 12mm.

What I have is:
Laser cuts
4K GSK
Rack plug

Wanting to add some oversized delivery valve holders. 0.093 maybe?

AFC foot will be getting a grinder to it.

Anything else I can have them do while its off? How many CC's?

Pretty sure its an 838, Ill be checking tomorrow.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
jktcummins

Name: jktcummins
Title: 24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
Member`s Gallery
You should be all over 400-450cc i would think. I would think that would net you some impressive numbers. I know a couple of guys around here that have made some big numbers 800hp + with around 500cc and some NOS

But hey what do i know i am still a VP guy.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
Bosshawg600

Name: Bosshawg600
Title: PDP.com FireFighter
Member`s Gallery
450-500cc's is goiong to be a number your going to be realy happy with! That should get ya in the 600ish mark with the right combo of parts. Usually those pump shops have their own little tweeks that they hold tight to. I would take it in, say what HP your looking for and your truck mods and they should be able to tune the pump to that.

Hopefully, Ill be able to hit that 500cc mark with my weak 160 pump and auctually make the power i should be with this set up!

Old 07-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
ILLINOISRAM

Name: ILLINOISRAM
Title: INLINE INSANITY
Member`s Gallery
According to Mark at TDI in Indy, 450 to 500cc's is plenty for a 2.8 k31. The video of me in my brothers truck will show what a stock 97 auto pump with full cuts, cds 5k springs, no afc, 27* timing and .093 holders to .120 lines and marine 300's. We tweaked it right on the truck. We were going to take it to a shop, but if it aint broke, dont f with it right. Tim

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCaXuOJENiE

Last edited by ILLINOISRAM; 07-21-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #5
roachie

Member`s Gallery
I forgot to add the 5K springs
I was wanting to jump to the 800HP mark but Im un-sure of the CC's that takes.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
ILLINOISRAM

Member`s Gallery
John P is at 800 with s300/3400 and 500cc pump.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:57 AM   #7
Rods

Name: Rods
Title: Turbo Crasher
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOISRAM View Post
According to Mark at TDI in Indy, 450 to 500cc's is plenty for a 2.8 k31. The video of me in my brothers truck will show what a stock 97 auto pump with full cuts, cds 5k springs, no afc, 27* timing and .093 holders to .120 lines and marine 300's. We tweaked it right on the truck. We were going to take it to a shop, but if it aint broke, dont f with it right. Tim

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCaXuOJENiE
What r u guys turning down the trac RPMS wise ?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:27 AM   #8
SLIPPY

Name: SLIPPY
Title: The great PNW
Member`s Gallery
ive got a 650cc 215 pump for sale..

Old 07-22-2008, 07:08 AM   #9
ILLINOISRAM

Member`s Gallery
Rods, to be honest, im not real sure. The factory tach will be pointing straight down so what ever that is. Free rev it will almost go back to zero. That motor in my brothers truck is stock bottom end with 290,000 miles so being a little loose and wore out helps. I doubt a fresh tight motor would turn that easy. We need to get a aftermarket tach in there. Tim

Old 07-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #10
Rods

Name: Rods
Title: Turbo Crasher
Member`s Gallery
Hmm I got 4ks in it now havent had a chance to stand on it much sence I found out last night it had a stock plate in it and i'm ditching the AFC and adding full cuts SO that should up the boost a little , I may tweak the 4k all I want is 4500+ I have a chance to swap to 5ks but I'm just leary on installing them and setting them up

Old 07-22-2008, 09:12 PM   #11
roachie

Member`s Gallery
Slippy, I would love to have your pump if you want to trade for mine. I bought a car today so the toy parts are taking a backseat.

Are there any pump cams I could swap into this one to get some more fuel?

Old 07-22-2008, 09:26 PM   #12
SLIPPY

Name: SLIPPY
Title: The great PNW
Member`s Gallery
cant I need the money.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:19 PM   #13
Hammer

Name: Hammer
Title: Verbal Junk Author
Member`s Gallery
Roachie...
The first thing you need to do is remember this,not all pump shops rate the flow numbers the same.What I mean is,you have a pump built over there and take it to CDS and the numbers will be completely different.There are no two pumps shops the same in either ratings or how they prepare a pump.That being said,it does not mean you can't have the same end result from either shop.Choose your shop,meet and understand your pump man, and the two of you will figure out what you need.

IF your serious about having a pump built then I would not throw any more parts at what you have now.The reason being most shops will or do use their own deals when setting up your pump and if you desire the best results then you will need to learn to trust their parts.Also understand that "laser cuts" is just a catch phrase and most good pumps shops will call them cut or not and most good ones will not recommend a cut DV for the street.The flow you desire can be had without them if the right shop is chosen.

Keep in mind that having a pump built is not cheap but its worth every penny in my mind.I have been down the road of having parts thrown at my pump and been told what it was "supposed" to be flowing only to find out when it was ran on the stand it was significantly different.The gentleman who did both of my pumps knew what I was doing with the truck and when it was done it was installed how he wanted it.I had made no changes to it until a week ago when for some reason the timing slipped and had to be redone.

Any tuning I do is done with a call made to him and I do call after each time we strap it down.This way he is aware of whats been done and what we gained so the next customer may benefit.Patience will be needed as even when you have the pump done you will still need to tune the combination.In the end though you will find your outlay of cash for this a "I should have done it sooner" deal............Andy

Old 07-27-2008, 11:39 PM   #14
roachie

Member`s Gallery
Ive noticed that all the shops are different in thier numbers. I asked THATpreston and keating recomended the local shop. They will be fully aware of what my truck is being built for. The pump guy and me will have a good talk about it.

Ive been told the laser's are bad for street use but mine will just be a weekend toy at that point so I can tollerate them. I allready have them is why they are staying in it.

It will most likely go to schied when I step up to a 13mm.

Closed Thread