Mechanical pumping a V8

Y'all have piddled around too long now. We have 6.7 liters now, so when we slap a sigma on one you V-8 boys are doomed:evil:hehe:
You have cubes now but your head still sucks. Until a billet head comes one of those alumnium headed V8 would be the way to go. Bigger cubes, way better heads, two more cylinders.

I've seen under the hood of the Stroked Out truck at the TS event earlier this year. It looks very clean. I was told it was a 8 plunger Sigma. It looks right at home sitting in the valley between the heads. And a clean install at that.

It is military , V12 tank engine , XXXkw , super compact ....:evil

..... we partly disassembled for training purpose ....
rolleyes.gif

If the V12 has two cylinders firing at the same time, we could slap this baby on a 6 cylinder and run two injection lines to each injector...

Who makes the pump? It doesn't look like Bosch...LOL

Or did you misplace the pump during your training session...:Cheer:

It would be much much easier to run one 8 cylinder inline p-pump...i've worked on a few for guys that tractor pull with 3208 Cat motors in there tractors...and as far as I know they are "reasonably" priced and relatively easy to find...

The more I think about it, a newer duramax would be the "best" candidate for a P-Pump (mounted in the place of the cp3) and using some "trick" injectors that would protrude through the valve covers like the stock injectors do...

It was easier to use a JD injector but its too short but with sexy billet valve covers....options are unlimited...

I have a Bosch Inline 8 pump here off a 779CID, Twin Turboed, Intercooled Deutz V8...wonder if anyone would be interested in making it fit:evil: :evil:

Honestly, it might be a good base to start with, but I doubt it actually big enough to be competitive with. Maybe I should go see how big the plungers are:D

Chris

its all in the cam profile, helical cut, and plunger size...14mm, 15, 16mm designs sitting here on my desk...

a shop in ohio did the front cover and gear for stroked out.

i think one of the international 8cyl engines used a mech pump, which is what DP said DOT was using... maybe a DV800 or something. i have heard since it was using 2 4BT pumps.

If the V12 has two cylinders firing at the same time, we could slap this baby on a 6 cylinder and run two injection lines to each injector...

Who makes the pump? It doesn't look like Bosch...LOL

Or did you misplace the pump during your training session...:Cheer:

I know of a few guys running 12-cylinder inline injection pumps on 6 cylinder engines in the pro stock/super stock tractor pulling classes....pretty impressive when the injection pump is nearly as long as the block!

two can play that game...

I know of a few guys running 12-cylinder inline injection pumps on 6 cylinder engines in the pro stock/super stock tractor pulling classes....pretty impressive when the injection pump is nearly as long as the block!

well hell...two can play that game....why won't this 16 cyinder inline sitting here work....:pop:

Back