Florida Diesel Drag series CFRC has been shut down

Shambo

Diesel Idiot
Looks like they are trying to shut down the Track! We will keep everyone informed on the Status! this sucks in central Florida since Speed World is shutting down at the end of the year, and if they are allowed to do this Street racers are going to be even a bigger problem around here!

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 Commissioner Thompson held a community meeting at the Taft Community Center to address issues and concerns surrounding the Application for Special Exception to the Board of Zoning Adjustment and the Board of County Commissioners by the Central Florida Road Course (CFRC). Representatives from CFRC, residents of South Chase, Environment Protection Department and Code Enforcement were present to address issues relating to the devastating effects of illegal street racing and the noise as it pertains to CFRC and the role it plays in taking racers off the streets of Orange County.
In a concerted effort to work collaboratively with the County and residents of South Chase, the Central Florida Road Course has effectively ceased all drag racing at the complex until final determination of the Board of County Commissioners.
The next hearing before the Board of County Commissioner will be on Tuesday, August 7, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. Please come and show your support for the Central Florida Road Course. Contact Track Manager Vinny Barber at 407-812-4004, to let him know if you plan to attend

it's important to show your support,when things like this happen. it could be in your town next. there are more racing fatalities on the streets, when there's no tracks to race on. if your into drag racing, whether its watching or competing and your local track in town was forced to shut down because of b.s. what would you do? call vinny to see how you can help. 407-288-9829. leave a message.

this really sux i am just now getting involved in this deisel drags and i love it where else can we go race in the orlando area do they do and races in lakeland

Bithlo 1/4 mile. T&T every Friday night.

Tobin
That sounds fun, if we can't get the series moved somewhere else, we should just set up a race once a month on T&T night. 30-40 bucks per truck??? E.T./Dial in??? 12.0??? Winner takes the pot!?!

I think gates open at 6pm, T&T starts at 6:30pm.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Tobin

lakeland is under a new lease here recently and the new guys have been working hard on the track and seems to be hooking much better. its only about 2 miles from my front door and i can hear them running every Thursday night for t&t.

Back