Who's rented their rooms for SDX 2012?

yea no joke about the jail thing once the event is over i get my truck to the hotel and park it and walk from there where ever i wanna go. seems like last year it didn't matter if you were doing something dumb or not you got pulled over after the traffic had slowed down from the event was over for the day.

Have mine since Feb. Happen to have a room booked at the super 8 also? Not sure how that happened since we are at the Hampton

Guys there are way more good hotels close in this town you can stay at that wont be booked. check out woodridge motel on hwy 40/wabash ave. its decent and i highly doubt its booked. im going to have a decent party at my house after the events just 10 mi south off of hwy 41. and may have a few extra rooms.

Guys there are way more good hotels close in this town you can stay at that wont be booked. check out woodridge motel on hwy 40/wabash ave. its decent and i highly doubt its booked. im going to have a decent party at my house after the events just 10 mi south off of hwy 41. and may have a few extra rooms.

LMAO, I am guessing they remodeled it since 1993. The Woodridge motel that I know of was east of Fruitridge. Last time I was there you had to put a towel under the door to keep the snow out.

Of course snow shouldn't be a problem in August.

Last edited:
Anybody who booked at Nights Inn better double check their rooms. We called today and it had swapped ownership and is now the motel 6 and they dist have our reservations anymore, and we har had them booked since last year

Thinking of attending this year. Would be camping, and thinking of camping on the grounds. I know it's first come first serve for electric and water but I can get by without it if I can run my generator.

I saw it's not a lot of kids so that is good.

Is it safe? I don't want to be worried about someone stealing or sliding into my 5th wheel while I am watching the pulls.

What are the chances of even getting in the gate with a 35ft 5'er on Friday afternoon?? I don't want to come down earlier, but I could maybe Thursday if necessary.

From the pictures I saw it looked like you just parked on the grass, is that the case?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Rob

I may have some rooms available. We exploded a turbo last night and it took out engine and right front wheel/tire. So we may not make it.

Thinking of attending this year. Would be camping, and thinking of camping on the grounds. I know it's first come first serve for electric and water but I can get by without it if I can run my generator.
Is it safe? I don't want to be worried about someone stealing or sliding into my 5th wheel while I am watching the pulls.

What are the chances of even getting in the gate with a 35ft 5'er on Friday afternoon?? I don't want to come down earlier, but I could maybe Thursday if necessary.

From the pictures I saw it looked like you just parked on the grass, is that the case?
I think the fairgrounds/camping has a no generator after hours operation. I had my camper down there the last two years and we watch 100% of the pulls without anyone stealing anything. I think you'll be fine. People were still coming in with RV's on Saturday. As long as there is an open space in the grass, you can camp. The camping (during the SDX) is not specific to the 'campgrounds' area. You can set up anywhere on the entire site. The best (quiet) spots to get are immediately to the east of the track facing US41. There are a number of electric and water spots there. No where near the nonsense in the camping area.

I'm HOPING I can get away from the Air Show that weekend and get out there...anyone have some extra floor space where I can crash. LOL

Epically post by a dumb phone.

I have one extra double queen room at the drury. Shoot me a pm if you want it.

-Drew

PS: rooms are booked Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday. I can cancel any nights if need be.

Last edited:
Back