Just bought used 2010 3500, now check engine light?

Megadad

Been a LONG time since I've been on here and I just bought my teenage son a new(er) truck today. Picked up a 2010 3500 4x4 with 182k on the engine, brought it home and took it to car wash to clean it up some since it is winter here in Montana then on way home the check engine light came on!? I didn't panic cuz they are usually minor issues but any ideas on what it could initially be? The engine has an EGR delete and tuned for the delete according to dealer so not sure if that could be related. Maybe some water got in part of engine electronics? It has 2 brand new batteries so that was a plus when I looked under hood before I bought it but any advice is much appreciated! ??

Last edited:
Usually when I get a check engine light I get a scanner and pull a code not ask on a forum why my check engine light came on so everybody can play pin the tail on the donkey.

Usually when I get a check engine light I get a scanner and pull a code not ask on a forum why my check engine light came on so everybody can play pin the tail on the donkey.

I completely understand and I don't have a reader unfortunately but this is my first post back here in about 10 years so .......

Here are the codes, any ideas? The truck has 2 brand new batteries so not sure why there is a low voltage code.....the other 2 im not sure of.....

Attachments

• Resized_20230228_103522.jpeg
    Resized_20230228_103522.jpeg
    416.1 KB · Views: 0
Now my son says its the reverse lamp bulb out that is causing it, go figure ?

Wasn't aware that these newer trucks are throwing check engine codes for bulbs out cuz my 2018 Sprinter tells me via the message board

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully that is what fixes the code, always frustrating buying a used vehicle then something goes wrong

Attachments

• Resized_20230228_104141.jpeg
    Resized_20230228_104141.jpeg
    418.8 KB · Views: 0
If the battery voltage gets low, for whatever reason, it will throw a check engine even after the battery is charged, replaced, etc, for a couple hours of use after the issue is fixed, and then go out by itself.

Back