competition diesel family

TMONEYDIESEL

Comp Diesel Sponsor
So if you look at most automotive forums web sites its usually strictly buisness and about performance, Ive only been a member here for a short while and have noticed the amazing change from talking about trucks and parts to talking about everyone and what happens in our lives, it seems almost like a crazed family, we all have the people on here who dont like us or we dont like them but when it comes down to it we would help them out if we could or needed too. But it is just amazing to me on how homely this site is and how everyone feels so comfortable to talk to eachother about issues or problems. Whether it be your pump needs tuning or your 6.0 broke again or someone has passed away and your upset or you just really need to vent about something it can be done on this website that everyone calls home. I compliment all the members here and admins for doing such a great job with this forum it has brought many people together from different backgrounds. Just wanted to see how everyone felt and your thoughts about this site.

it seems almost like a crazed family

Boy did you nail that one on the head. Yes, this site does have a very homely feel to it and I think that is one of the reason why everyone likes this site. I've notice as well that we don't get alot of the trolls and duma$$'s like some sites get. People here are really good at weeded them out and making them go away.

You guys have no Idea how much you kind words mean to Tim and I.

When we set out to build this place we wanted a site to be just like the Pits at the Drag strip or pulling track, where everyone jumped in to help each other out, no matter what the circumstance. Thank you for helping Tim and I achieve that goal.

Well put Phil.

As much as I would like to pat the staff on the back, we really dont have as much to do with things as some think. Our members are what makes this site.:rockwoot: Whether it is Ponder stirring up a ruckus over football or Fletcher telling us about the life cycle of a geoduck, we have a great mix of folks and backgrounds here. We have complete novices all the way up to drag and sled champs here. Our members make Comp D what it is.

Thanks gang.... Yall Rock! :clap::clap:

So if you look at most automotive forums web sites its usually strictly buisness and about performance, Ive only been a member here for a short while and have noticed the amazing change from talking about trucks and parts to talking about everyone and what happens in our lives, it seems almost like a crazed family, we all have the people on here who dont like us or we dont like them but when it comes down to it we would help them out if we could or needed too. But it is just amazing to me on how homely this site is and how everyone feels so comfortable to talk to eachother about issues or problems. Whether it be your pump needs tuning or your 6.0 broke again or someone has passed away and your upset or you just really need to vent about something it can be done on this website that everyone calls home. I compliment all the members here and admins for doing such a great job with this forum it has brought many people together from different backgrounds. Just wanted to see how everyone felt and your thoughts about this site.

Ok Junior who's :shake: are you kissing??????????? :hehe:

^^^^^:hehe:

everything said is definitely the truth. It really helps that Tim and Phil are so laid back and dedicated to what they do.

:cheer:

I like it. Except for the snake threads it's perfect.

Thanks Tim and Phil

Last edited:
it is a great site..I love it here..and like you said..we may all have lovers quarrels but 9 times out of 10 each person would do whatever is possible to help anyone out.

Timmy and Phil..yall do and do a great job with the site.Thanks for all that you do!

Wow, I am all warm and fuzzy inside. LOL The difference I think is that its a neighborhood. We have that loud guy that everyone puts up with. The guy thats kind of quiet and just comes out every now and then, the guy who will do anything for anyone. The slutty girl that lives around the corner. The weird guy up on the hill, the king and queen of the neighborhood. The guy thats got the car up on blocks, (probably a bunch of them. LOL), the harley looking guy, and then all the normal folks. We pretty much all get along, but we have one hell of a neighborhood watch.

Wow, I am all warm and fuzzy inside. LOL The difference I think is that its a neighborhood. We have that loud guy that everyone puts up with. The guy thats kind of quiet and just comes out every now and then, the guy who will do anything for anyone. The slutty girl that lives around the corner. The weird guy up on the hill, the king and queen of the neighborhood. The guy thats got the car up on blocks, (probably a bunch of them. LOL), the harley looking guy, and then all the normal folks. We pretty much all get along, but we have one hell of a neighborhood watch.

:hehe:Normal folks? Where?

Uhhhhhhhh.........

......hold on, I'm still searching...............

FOUND ONE!

Goes by jponder :D

Thanks for the kind words guys, it really does mean a lot to us :rockwoot:

This is definitely the best site. Phil, Timmy, Tim, Billy, Rich and the rest that do an incredible job at running the greatest site on the net, and are so of the nicest people too :bow::bow::clap:. It is a great big dysfunctional family:Cheer:. THANKS GUYS:cheer:

I was trying to explain to someone from another forum why that place sucked compared to CompD. CompD has a purpose, it's not just a forum that some idiot decided to make for ****s and giggles. And the mods and admins here have an amazing ability to detach themselves from friendship and bias when a tough decision needs to be made. I appreciate the fact that this place is fun and feels like a great big family, but more than that I appreciate that the staff isn't some little click that thinks only of themselves and their own fun.
CompD is the reason why people go to an event where they might only know one or 2 people and end up having the time of their lives. When you meet someone and introduce yourself as your screen name on here it's like you've known each other your entire lives and are totally comfortable to sit and drink a beer with them.

Edit: pain meds may have caused that post to ramble a bit and not have a clear point.......

That's what makes this place special IMHO, we aren't all the same, we may not always agree, or even really get along, but at the end of the day we just want to have a beer together in the alley
King_of_the_Hill_alley.jpg

And the Mods here don't try to make us all act and think the same. I love this place. Way cooler than my last internet hangout:rockwoot:

:clap::Cheer::thankyou2:

AMEN!!

Even if your not well known (me), everyone seems to do well to putting up with our (my) ignorance about this stuff and helping us (me) learn!!

Thanks folks!!

I kind of know some stuff and others I am completely new to but everyone that can help does help. It's good knowing that no matter what someone has your back and can lend a hand or tell a joke.

Back