EGR Delete,, what else to do while I am doing that?

morkable

Just Over Broke
My EGR has started to leak some antifreeze, so it is time to get it deleted. Which is too bad, I was hoping it would hold on till I got back to work..

My question is, what should I do while I have the top end apart for the egr delete? I am thinking that I will replace the oilcooler, and do a coolant filter kit, is there anything else I should do? I really hate taking things apart twice?

Also, what is the best way to clean the intake while I have it off? (to get the soot out)

Thanks everyone

Last edited:
Not 100% sure,, probably going to see if I can find a place that can do a package deal,, (save on shipping)

I guess what I am really asking here,, is what all should I change out while I am in there... I hate doing things twice. Is there other things that should be changed out that would be in that area?

I know that I am going to do the egr delete, oil cooler and coolant filter kit...

Powerstroked do you do the oil cooler and coolant filter too? I know we talked about the egr and the tranny item

If you can I would put arp studs in it and gaskets. And do the upgraded oil cooler. Sinister sells every thing in a package

I was wondering about that Lance, is that an important change with an 07? I am wondering if they had updated that by then? Also is the blue spring update important too?

its not important till it starts to fail and then upgraded to the older style 03-04 ones. cheap insurance really since you have it tore all the way down already.

blue spring is just for a few extra psi of fuel pressure, its a upgrade from ford/international to fix some drivability issues. got it apart might as well

Definitely replace the Snap To Connect with the one-piece fitting. It's too prone to failure to leave it in when you're that close to it. If you want to go a little further yet, you could also replace the standpipes/dummy plugs with their upgraded parts.

its not important till it starts to fail and then upgraded to the older style 03-04 ones. cheap insurance really since you have it tore all the way down already.

blue spring is just for a few extra psi of fuel pressure, its a upgrade from ford/international to fix some drivability issues. got it apart might as well

A few psi?? the blue spring will take you up to 95-100psi of fuel pressure, which isn't exactly ideal.

I guess what I am really asking here,, is what all should I change out while I am in there... I hate doing things twice. Is there other things that should be changed out that would be in that area?

I know that I am going to do the egr delete, oil cooler and coolant filter kit...

Powerstroked do you do the oil cooler and coolant filter too? I know we talked about the egr and the tranny item

I have coolant filter kits coming out this week. If I do anything oil related, it's using the factory econoline oil relocation kit. After seeing the problems Tim had with the relocate kit on deranged and the several motors it fried, I wouldn't run anything other than what was spec'd by Ford.

Never seen the ford blue spring go past 70 psi at idle. If you are talking about a gillette spring then ya a 100psi is more like it. Never had a problem with my gillette spring or fuel system issue with it.

50-ish, maybe a little more. You never want it to get under 45 psi under any circumstances. I see 65-67 psi at idle & cruise with the Blue spring, at WOT with a tune loaded it drops to about 50 psi.

Back