Advise on single battery

95cummins5.9

Old man ***** gossiper
I need new batteries. Got 8 years from my napa legends. Never get driven in the winter, hell rarely driven at all.. who's running only one battery? What group size and cca? Doesn't have grid heater also.
Thanks

I'm planning on going to 1 battery under the bed on my fummins swap. I've read that Napa group 31s work good, even with guys that do run grid heaters.

I got 9yr in Ohio from a group 27 odyssey. Currently running a group 31 my neighbor gave me for helping him. Dropped right into my truck, but he said he had to find taller hold down. Only pictures I have on my phonr.
5278d7f71fc2907f6e48720c0ff965b5.jpg
365707bcb3a508a9ecdb07a841b781f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I installed a single group 31 NSB-AGM31. These guys had the best price out there answered all my questions even though they were very busy and quick shipping Northstar AGM31 Car Audio Battery Group 31. I don't know if I "had" to but I trimmed the tray so it could sit all the way in there without bulging the sides. I'm not a fabrication guy at all but took about 15-20min of air grinding taking my time to make it clean. I understand it is probably the most expensive one, but it's also the best one you can buy and it's made in the U.S.

I installed a single group 31 NSB-AGM31. These guys had the best price out there answered all my questions even though they were very busy and quick shipping Northstar AGM31 Car Audio Battery Group 31. I don't know if I "had" to but I trimmed the tray so it could sit all the way in there without bulging the sides. I'm not a fabrication guy at all but took about 15-20min of air grinding taking my time to make it clean. I understand it is probably the most expensive one, but it's also the best one you can buy and it's made in the U.S.

Holy expensive battery!

Gonna use one of the two new Interstates I have. Group 27 I believe. I don’t foresee any problems with no grid heater.

I've been using a single Oriellys group 31 for a couple years with no problems, takes a little work to get it in the tray but it's not too bad. With go grid heaters and a worn out mechanical motor it's enough juice for a full minute of cranking in the winter.

If you have a dealer nearby, a Caterpillar group 31 is made by Deka. The 1000cca is part number 115-2422.

Back