HELP Sluggish lockup 27 spline swap

fosterriley

Just wanna go fast
Sluggish lockup after 27 spline swap

Having issues with a sluggish lockup with a 27spline TCS magnum shaft setup.

The issue we think we are having is slow fluid release from the converter so going into lockup is slow. Once in lockup it’s solid.

Could this be the clearance on the stator and shaft or could it be the type of seal used?

The seal on the input shaft used is a plastic Carmel colored hard seal.

The clearance that the stator was opened up is .0120

After speaking with TCS the common amount they have the stators opened up to us .0075

Would this play a roll in this? Would like to know before we tear the trans out.

Line pressure is 187 CRT valve body.
Spec Rite billet 3disc dampened converter 2400 stall. Everything worked flawless before shaft and converter swap. Nothing else was changed.
any input on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnum shaft has a smaller diameter on the tip of the shaft at the sealing surface, if Spec Rite used a standard 47/48re converter seal, it's too big but about 025" and will burn up the lockup clutches quickly from weak apply.

im sorry to say this but i would ditch the 27 spline, not enough fluid flow around the stator to drain back from the converter hence laggy lockup.

this is literally one of the reasons matt santjer came out with his design...

Magnum shaft has a smaller diameter on the tip of the shaft at the sealing surface, if Spec Rite used a standard 47/48re converter seal, it's too big but about 025" and will burn up the lockup clutches quickly from weak apply.

Spec Rite used the seal and hub directly from TCS so I dont think this is the issue.

Back