Truckers, lets see your rigs!

You guys need HP, this B was consistently in the 4’s @ around 800hp*.
95de359352da330ac32d82e6aec394db.jpg

*this was measured on an American dyno so you can easily remove one zero for the accurate European measurement.
It definitely does, I'm down 20mph on the hills and over 1mpg from the slightly warmed up 2ws.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OK, time for my stupid question of the week.

T800, single exhaust....need a muffler. Single pipe is a bit obnoxious, and without moving the tanks back and rearranging the whole truck, really can't put a dual setup that will look decent on it. Most mufflers I'm finding say dual exhaust only...

Aero Cab sleeper that the exhaust comes up behind the cab on.

Any ideas for a muffler, or anyone seen a decent way to tone one down?
Chris

You could run one short one under the cab.

Where is the current single stack? Donaldson has some mufflers that flow more than enough as a single to keep up with most engines.

OK, time for my stupid question of the week.

T800, single exhaust....need a muffler. Single pipe is a bit obnoxious, and without moving the tanks back and rearranging the whole truck, really can't put a dual setup that will look decent on it. Most mufflers I'm finding say dual exhaust only...

Aero Cab sleeper that the exhaust comes up behind the cab on.

Any ideas for a muffler, or anyone seen a decent way to tone one down?
Chris

I have a walker megaflow mounted horizontally then just dumped past the sleeper. Is this a daycab or sleeper?

My setup sounds good.

You could run one short one under the cab.

Where is the current single stack? Donaldson has some mufflers that flow more than enough as a single to keep up with most engines.

Behind sleeper right above right hand frame rail. Originally it had a end inlet, side outlet muffler that was high as giraffe tail to replace, so we piped it. Dale is getting older and it's a bit harsh with the single straight pipe.

I know there's plenty of room under the cab, hell I can fit a 50" on under there, but most say dual exhaust only, so I figure they're pretty resrtictive.

I have a walker megaflow mounted horizontally then just dumped past the sleeper. Is this a daycab or sleeper?

My setup sounds good.

Sleeper...

I just don't want to strap a muffler on it that's too restrictive and cause it to run differently. Faulkner tuning made a huge difference in the temperature, but I know if you put the wrong muffler on it it could get hotter on the exhaust again.

Chris

Behind sleeper right above right hand frame rail. Originally it had a end inlet, side outlet muffler that was high as giraffe tail to replace, so we piped it. Dale is getting older and it's a bit harsh with the single straight pipe.

I know there's plenty of room under the cab, hell I can fit a 50" on under there, but most say dual exhaust only, so I figure they're pretty resrtictive.

Sleeper...

I just don't want to strap a muffler on it that's too restrictive and cause it to run differently. Faulkner tuning made a huge difference in the temperature, but I know if you put the wrong muffler on it it could get hotter on the exhaust again.

Chris

Buy a 54” Donaldson and knock the cone shaped baffle out. Still quiet but flows more.

Or buy a TRP brand if you want to replace it at every oil change.

HAHA...that's right up my alley, knock parts out.

I found a Catalog that list CFM, and figuring for 600hp I found some mufflers with CFM ranges that should be OK...can't be any worse than what the 5" pipe is honestly.

Donalsdon M100463 is what I found so far.
Chris

HAHA...that's right up my alley, knock parts out.

I found a Catalog that list CFM, and figuring for 600hp I found some mufflers with CFM ranges that should be OK...can't be any worse than what the 5" pipe is honestly.

Donalsdon M100463 is what I found so far.
Chris

If you can import a euro muffler it should deffinetly ad some horsepowers.

A second turbo tends to quiet things down abit as well

Last edited:
You guys need HP, this B was consistently in the 4’s @ around 800hp*.
95de359352da330ac32d82e6aec394db.jpg

*this was measured on an American dyno so you can easily remove one zero for the accurate European measurement.
What's been done to it? Did it stay together decently?

What's been done to it? Did it stay together decently?

Nozzles, pump and turbos. Lived for quite a while on an engine that no one knew the history on and was never opened up. Developed a knock and has be pulled out. <700hp is entirely doable without spending much money and still be workable.

If you can import a euro muffler it should deffinetly ad some horsepowers.

A second turbo tends to quiet things down abit as well

Second turbo would be great, but probably only going to keep this one about 3 more years, and it runs stellar as is.

If we twin turbo any of them it will be the 2014 389 Glider
Chris

Nozzles, pump and turbos. Lived for quite a while on an engine that no one knew the history on and was never opened up. Developed a knock and has be pulled out. <700hp is entirely doable without spending much money and still be workable.
I need to get with you and make a parts list . This thing sucks

There's tons of info floating around but half of it is useless, I just want somebody I trust to say, you need this, this, and this and it'll run.

Metaphorically speaking cause I’m just bored and thinking...
what combo is needed to build a dependable 600-700hp E model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back