Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > General Diesel Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Tech Farm equipment, Medium Duty, Big Rigs, and other General discussion can be found in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2018, 03:33 AM   #41
mhuggler

Name: mhuggler
Title: One piece at a time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Uno, Pa.
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRE View Post
There is nothing wrong with a 12.7 Detroit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You have countless posts that prove you're just an antagonist; you argue because you like to argue. Your words mean nothing anymore. Go away.
__________________
2002 2500 4x4 ETH/DEE-F1 Mach 5's/62/65/12/Smarty/ATS Ex.manifold/AFE intake/TST Comp./.020 marine gasket/o-ringed/ARP studs/5"stacks/Airdog 150/Isspro guages/Southbend 3600 DD/3.54 gears/leveling kit/Bilstein 5100frt,5150rr/37" BFG A/T's on 18" Eagle 114's/Borgeson SS/DSS
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:07 AM   #42
SmokinCAT
 
SmokinCAT's Avatar

Name: SmokinCAT
Title: Cheap and Easy.
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oh
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuggler View Post
You have countless posts that prove you're just an antagonist; you argue because you like to argue. Your words mean nothing anymore. Go away.
Neither do yours, the fact that you don't consider the series 60 a reliable engine means you should probably keep your opinion to yourself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:28 AM   #43
BRE
 
BRE's Avatar

Name: BRE
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southwest MO
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 12,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuggler View Post
You have countless posts that prove you're just an antagonist; you argue because you like to argue. Your words mean nothing anymore. Go away.


Ahaha! Youíre a phuck in tool.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
Rick
07 Dodge 3500 - Tow mirrors, silencer ring MIA, Spectra air filter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:04 PM   #44
mhuggler

Name: mhuggler
Title: One piece at a time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Uno, Pa.
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinCAT View Post
Neither do yours, the fact that you don't consider the series 60 a reliable engine means you should probably keep your opinion to yourself.
It wouldn't matter what the subject or engine was, he would argue. The series 60 has it's place. It's a cheap throwaway engine that gets great mileage; perfect for fleets.
__________________
2002 2500 4x4 ETH/DEE-F1 Mach 5's/62/65/12/Smarty/ATS Ex.manifold/AFE intake/TST Comp./.020 marine gasket/o-ringed/ARP studs/5"stacks/Airdog 150/Isspro guages/Southbend 3600 DD/3.54 gears/leveling kit/Bilstein 5100frt,5150rr/37" BFG A/T's on 18" Eagle 114's/Borgeson SS/DSS
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:16 PM   #45
allan5oh

Name: allan5oh
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Oct 2012
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 953
That's sig material right there!
__________________
480 HP to the wheels with a "400 hp" turbo with the fan on to boot. 920f max EGT
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:30 PM   #46
not enoughsmoke
 
not enoughsmoke's Avatar

Name: not enoughsmoke
Title: floatin in tha gulf
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: tenn
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 5,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Give you an idea my dads volvo d12b has over 2 million miles on it the head has never been off. You would never get that with an EGR engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRE View Post
Still calling BS on the Volvo engine just as I did in the other thread.

Had A friend that ran a scrap yard and yes they abuse the chit out of there trucks. He had them all. He said out of all the major brands the Volvo would take the most beating and still run. While not break the bank.
__________________
1996 Dodge 3500
1995 F350 Fummins
1995 F250 lightning clone
1968 Fastback GT
1987 Samurai
1993 F250 Fummins
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:48 PM   #47
SmokinCAT
 
SmokinCAT's Avatar

Name: SmokinCAT
Title: Cheap and Easy.
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oh
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuggler View Post
It wouldn't matter what the subject or engine was, he would argue. The series 60 has it's place. It's a cheap throwaway engine that gets great mileage; perfect for fleets.
Throw away engine implies it has block issues, which it doesnít. Donít be pissed because someone can rebuild a series 60 for a fraction of the cost of a cat multiple times over, and run just as many miles on rebuilds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:54 PM   #48
jfaulkner
 
jfaulkner's Avatar

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 4,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuggler View Post
It wouldn't matter what the subject or engine was, he would argue. The series 60 has it's place. It's a cheap throwaway engine that gets great mileage; perfect for fleets.


Seems we have a new forum dumbazz.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessRRA View Post
Flipping your mirrors up when you don't tow? That serves no purpose other than to let me know that you are a douche, from a distance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #49
chevota84
 
chevota84's Avatar

Name: chevota84
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prineville, OR
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 4,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinCAT View Post
Throw away engine implies it has block issues, which it doesnít. Donít be pissed because someone can rebuild a series 60 for a fraction of the cost of a cat multiple times over, and run just as many miles on rebuilds.
And they'll tune to decent power numbers, not Faulkner numbers, but better than 99.9% of the trucks on the road. They're light, efficient, cheap to work on and pretty reliable, I have a hard time seeing what's not to like. Maybe it's just because they mostly come in junk trucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________
99 Dodge 2500 with stuff
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:19 PM   #50
allan5oh

Name: allan5oh
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Oct 2012
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 953
I've let the mods know several accounts have been compromised
__________________
480 HP to the wheels with a "400 hp" turbo with the fan on to boot. 920f max EGT
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:01 PM   #51
Justappumped24v
 
Justappumped24v's Avatar

Name: Justappumped24v
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Illinois
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 1,163
I used to work for Detroit, both series 60 N1 and N2 were strong runners, dd13 and dd15 do ok if you keep up the maintenance on time only issue is too many dealer only tools
__________________
05 QCSB24v just a tow pig
95 SCLB 12V UCC qualifier build
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:09 PM   #52
BRE
 
BRE's Avatar

Name: BRE
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southwest MO
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 12,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuggler View Post
It wouldn't matter what the subject or engine was, he would argue. The series 60 has it's place. It's a cheap throwaway engine that gets great mileage; perfect for fleets.

The fact I disagree with you, doesnít mean I argue just to argue. If you donít like others opinions, may try posting on something other than a public forum.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
Rick
07 Dodge 3500 - Tow mirrors, silencer ring MIA, Spectra air filter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:15 PM   #53
BRE
 
BRE's Avatar

Name: BRE
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southwest MO
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 12,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by not enoughsmoke View Post
Had A friend that ran a scrap yard and yes they abuse the chit out of there trucks. He had them all. He said out of all the major brands the Volvo would take the most beating and still run. While not break the bank.


Iím not arguing that they are tough or anything like that. Iím just having a hard time believing itís got 1.2 or whatever he claims and itís literally never been into.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
Rick
07 Dodge 3500 - Tow mirrors, silencer ring MIA, Spectra air filter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:13 AM   #54
mhuggler

Name: mhuggler
Title: One piece at a time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Uno, Pa.
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRE View Post
The fact I disagree with you, doesnít mean I argue just to argue. If you donít like others opinions, may try posting on something other than a public forum.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Spoken like a true democrat. It's always the republicans getting in the way of the democrats getting their retarded bill passed; never the other way around. I didn't even present what I said as an opinion because it's such a well known fact to anyone having any experience in the trucking or industrial industry. To argue is like saying water isn't wet.
__________________
2002 2500 4x4 ETH/DEE-F1 Mach 5's/62/65/12/Smarty/ATS Ex.manifold/AFE intake/TST Comp./.020 marine gasket/o-ringed/ARP studs/5"stacks/Airdog 150/Isspro guages/Southbend 3600 DD/3.54 gears/leveling kit/Bilstein 5100frt,5150rr/37" BFG A/T's on 18" Eagle 114's/Borgeson SS/DSS
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:22 AM   #55
jfaulkner
 
jfaulkner's Avatar

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 4,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuggler View Post
Spoken like a true democrat. It's always the republicans getting in the way of the democrats getting their retarded bill passed; never the other way around. I didn't even present what I said as an opinion because it's such a well known fact to anyone having any experience in the trucking or industrial industry. To argue is like saying water isn't wet.


Except what you say is BS and the fact you bring politics into it proves your an idiot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessRRA View Post
Flipping your mirrors up when you don't tow? That serves no purpose other than to let me know that you are a douche, from a distance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:50 AM   #56
Snedge
 
Snedge's Avatar

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Western Pa.
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 15,331
I hate them all. They haunt me. I used to be a fan of the Cummins Big Cam III, but that was in the late 80's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:56 AM   #57
biggy238
 
biggy238's Avatar

Name: biggy238
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Just North of Wrong
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 7,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post
I hate them all
This is why I like you.



Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
People tend to be tribal
05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 5.4L Auto
-Janus
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:23 AM   #58
BRE
 
BRE's Avatar

Name: BRE
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southwest MO
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 12,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
Except what you say is BS and the fact you bring politics into it proves your an idiot.


X2


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
Rick
07 Dodge 3500 - Tow mirrors, silencer ring MIA, Spectra air filter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:57 AM   #59
jfaulkner
 
jfaulkner's Avatar

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 4,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post
I hate them all. They haunt me. I used to be a fan of the Cummins Big Cam III, but that was in the late 80's.


Whatís not to love about a BigCam? Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessRRA View Post
Flipping your mirrors up when you don't tow? That serves no purpose other than to let me know that you are a douche, from a distance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:32 PM   #60
Snedge
 
Snedge's Avatar

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Western Pa.
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 15,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
Whatís not to love about a BigCam?

Parts availability is all I can think of.
Aftermarket exists, but Mother Cummins forgot she ever made them.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.

 


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 - 2018, CompetitionDiesel.com
all information found on this site is property of www.competitiondiesel.com