Changing a 07.5 head gasket again, anybody use copper coat with a cummins hg ?

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
I changed it out last year and replaced it with a cummins hg, resurfaced the head, arp 2000s. It's a deleted 6 speed dually,the owner hot rods around and tows with the edge on high. He says the tuner is stuck on high and he bought the truck that way. He asked if I used copper spray coating and if I'd try it this time around. I mentioned different tuning or a different turbo , or some 625s but he doesn't want to change anything else . It will probably be the last time I work on this one.

I looked online last night and some people use it and some don't.

Using copper coat isn't going to keep him from blowing it again. ****ty tuning, turbo and towing is a recipe for wasting money on gaskets.

Yea the tunes are essentially the whole reason in my opinion. 425's with a vgt is useless as well.

Typical crap Edge tuning. He needs some good EFI Live tuning. We have been using HPP Tuning at my shop, 20+ deleted trucks, only one has come back with a head gasket failure, and I think it was because the radiator was leaking and it overheated badly.

We've used many of Anarchy Diesel's and Done Right Diesels in our shop. If one has a right to blow a gasket, it's mine. Bens tunes are on mine.

Thanks guys I'll let him know when he picks it up that's it's only a matter of time before it pops again. I believe this is his 3rd in 4 years. I'll call edge and see if they can help me lower the settings over the phone.

I would still use a thin coat of the copper spray. It won't hurt a thing.

Well I won't be setting the head back on until tomorrow night. Now you have me wondering if I need to go buy some

I like my head clean and dry with 625s @ 155-160ftlbs of torque on the studs clamping the head down. Make sure you use ARP lube on the stud threads, nuts, and washers.

I like my head clean and dry with 625s @ 155-160ftlbs of torque on the studs clamping the head down. Make sure you use ARP lube on the stud threads, nuts, and washers.

When I put studs in my 12v I'll use 625s. I have a bottle and brush of arp lube on the shelf.

I noticed the front dowel was all the way up in the head. Hopefully that happened as I was removing and not the last time lowered down from the last hg replacement lol

Back