Young gun's 94 build thread

Probably can just fix it back to what it was, pulling it down in overdrive is loading it hard, as you know. Keep it reved up.

Probably can just fix it back to what it was, pulling it down in overdrive is loading it hard, as you know. Keep it reved up.

Yeah I know, it didn't feel like I pulled it down in OD that hard.

I'm thinking of going back with 625's and a good hard retorque will do the job. I just need to decide if I can justify an aftermarket head like a Hamilton high swirl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a factory 5k rpm tach in your truck ? Is it pretty straight forward to swap the cluster over ?

It is a straight swap. Everything worked great except for my temp gauge, for whatever reason it reads really high.

Honestly without a lot of bottle pressure and no pill it felt like a good light switch on power gain on the street, but it wasn't enough to overspend my turbo. Only made around 53-55psi max with the n2o turned on

I'm hitting the upper 50s with my k31. It cleans up my 16s without a plate in the pump and the afc slid back all the way. My fuel pressure is in the 30s on a long run. I got my bottle filled last summer but found out it had a slow leak. I'd love to be able to hit mid 600s or better with or without the bottle

Honestly without a lot of bottle pressure and no pill it felt like a good light switch on power gain on the street, but it wasn't enough to overspend my turbo. Only made around 53-55psi max with the n2o turned on

How much boost without the bottle ?

Yes if I short shifted at WOT on accident, otherwise not really. Mid throttle was good, actually ran its best when the fuel wasn't thick out the pipe and I was just tethering the throttle through the gears.

Well I managed to get the head pulled off and do some inspection of the head gasket.

It is very obvious my fire rings were not crushed much. I measured them and they are .094-.093 thick. They started out as .105 wire. I followed the instructions sent with the haisley gasket very closely. I don’t believe the max torque spec for ARP425’s is enough to crush the fire ring enough. Mine were torqued to 140, even then the rings weren’t crushed much.

The plan right now is to go back with 625’s and the same style fire ring gasket from haisley.

dfb3787d98f4dc8bb38a17a7e207f154.jpg

Back