Running Gear Question.

dang son i know ok is flat but we got bridges in fl steeper than that......wanna borrow my dually....even that pos could make that hill...lol...well...maybe.....

That's it?! You do know guys regularly sledpull these trucks with much more power through the driveline right? That didn't look steep at all!
And wtf are you smoking Gary? There ain't no damn hills in Florida, just low spots that fill up with water!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Just keep the power delivery smooth and consistent, only have an issue if you shock load it somehow.

Jorys Google search history in the near future...who makes the best drive shaft for a mega long mega cab, and who builds the best 68rfe for your money near Oklahoma.

Just kidding, I think you will be fine. We deliver to one place and you make a 90 at the bottom and come out of a canyon, which is also gravel. Pulled lots of weight up there, biggest issue was the converter locking and spinning all the way up. So traction has been my issue. Keep in mind that is in 2wd. 4 low never and issue.

Wheel hop is just isn't enough spinning and to low of rpm:evil

That's it?! You do know guys regularly sledpull these trucks with much more power through the driveline right? That didn't look steep at all!
And wtf are you smoking Gary? There ain't no damn hills in Florida, just low spots that fill up with water!

didnt you drive the skyway? theres bridges all over taller than that

didnt you drive the skyway? theres bridges all over taller than that
Everything I remember of that state is flat, and swampy. I don't remember going up anything I'd call a hill. Now remember context is everything, I've grown up in the transition area of flat land to rolling foothills of the Appalachian region, and I've seen the Rockies in Colorado. Florida is flat with straight roads.

Jorys Google search history in the near future...who makes the best drive shaft for a mega long mega cab, and who builds the best 68rfe for your money near Oklahoma.

As mentioned...the video doesn't do it justice by any means.

When the 68RFE finally goes...it's going to Lavon...or replacement is coming from him. I've told him this for the last 10 years. 196K miles and it's still solid. :Cheer:

Seemed to pull the hill good in 2wd low at 2600 rpm. Just crawled right up it. Did notice a quick slip in the tranny after we drove 1:45min and was less than 1 mile from our dirt road on the highway. Gonna have to check that out. Not sure what's up.

Seemed to pull the hill good in 2wd low at 2600 rpm. Just crawled right up it. Did notice a quick slip in the tranny after we drove 1:45min and was less than 1 mile from our dirt road on the highway. Gonna have to check that out. Not sure what's up.
If you hurry, maybe you can come up and get your new trans the week(end) of the local tractor show for Firepunk, they host the lunch for the tractor drive usually. It's a good show in Plain City. It's sometime this month, maybe next weekend?

They have a google street view of the road you're talking about. Looks like the biggest worry would be the camper and bed rail if you only have 7" of clearance. Swing that switchback wide if you can have somebody watch traffic for you. It appears the very outside of the curve is the flattest spot.

If you hurry, maybe you can come up and get your new trans the week(end) of the local tractor show for Firepunk, they host the lunch for the tractor drive usually. It's a good show in Plain City. It's sometime this month, maybe next weekend?

I'd love nothing more than to show up and slap Lavon and his family of nit-wits on the neck and hang out while they fixed my shit.

They have a google street view of the road you're talking about. Looks like the biggest worry would be the camper and bed rail if you only have 7" of clearance. Swing that switchback wide if you can have somebody watch traffic for you. It appears the very outside of the curve is the flattest spot.

The street view doesn't do it justice...neither does the videos going up or down it we took. I was worried about the bed rail clearance, but it was fine. I did swing it as wide as possible.

The video doesn't show shit. It looks like a normal drive though a residential neighborhood.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDJGMKp8stI"]July 5, 2023 - YouTube[/ame]

Back