Need advice on build

Cummins_311

2007 5.9 Mega Cab w/G56.

To simply put it, my goal is 650rwhp. Truck is a daily driver and used mostly as that and to have fun with. No pulling. Will prob take it to the track a few times.

Here's my current plans and parts I'll be ordering within the next two months to put it all together.

-big tunes from Anarchy (EFI)
-Fass 150
-arson cp3 kit
-Valair organic DD (might even go TD as I hear its even more streetable)
-Fleece 63 (i hear it's great for a DD and spools quick)
-Exergy 50hp injectors

Think that will make the push? I had been looking at the MPI stock/s400 compound kit...but this Fleece seems like it's pretty wicked for it's designed use.

I could be full of sh-- as I haven't played with CR's much, but I think you're going to be pushing that 63 awful hard to hit 650 I'd lean more tward the compounds.

I would go bigger on the injectors (90hp at least) in case you want more in the future,you can always dial them down with EFI.If you don't like the 63mm it would make for a good twin set up later.

I guess if it helps to throw out there....I'd like to dial the truck into the mid 12 sec range. I know it takes a little more with a handshaker haha.

Howling, Does Exergy only do 50hp and 100hp injectors? That's all I see listed on their site. I had originally wanted 90's....but don't see them listed.

Just do the simple twins now. You will find the limits of the 63mm for sure within a year of your mod list.

With the $ i'll spend on injectors, I don't see the twins there. Looking at a Borg s300 66/73/91. I figure I'll need just over 650hp to push into the 12's with a G56.

With a G56, 3.73's and EFI Live....that shouldn't have any problem spooling quick would it?

2007 5.9 Mega Cab w/G56.

To simply put it, my goal is 650rwhp. Truck is a daily driver and used mostly as that and to have fun with. No pulling. Will prob take it to the track a few times.

Here's my current plans and parts I'll be ordering within the next two months to put it all together.

-big tunes from Anarchy (EFI)
-Fass 150
-arson cp3 kit
-Valair organic DD (might even go TD as I hear its even more streetable)
-Fleece 63 (i hear it's great for a DD and spools quick)
-Exergy 50hp injectors

Think that will make the push? I had been looking at the MPI stock/s400 compound kit...but this Fleece seems like it's pretty wicked for it's designed use.

If you dont have a bunch of miles, dont worry about sending your injectors to Exergy. A set of 100HP Motorsport Nozzles, a good stroker CP3 and the Holset 63 Cheetah will do 650RWHP like clock work.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfmE8Z5n_pk&feature=share&list=UUbADxIrCp0lD2HTtJwJzotw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfmE8Z5n_pk&feature=share&list=UUbADxIrCp0lD2HTtJwJzotw[/ame]

Check out the gauges in the video. The EGT's just kissed 1600* when Chase let off. If you watch, the EGT's hang under 1400 until the boost started to fall due to the drive pressure taking over. You can see that point on the graph, when the power spikes, and then starts to fall away. That was a 672 RWHP Pull on Smarty Tuning. We already know that EFI lets us pull some of that excess out, and bring those EGT's down even more, without giving up HP.

Go with the 63 Holset Cheetah, if you dont like it send it back, and Ill get you into something you can be happy with.

Caleb

Attachments

• Steed_vs_Stock_Manifold.pdf
    163.6 KB · Views: 0
Back