NV5600 to 48re Swap

I JUST WANT TO GO FAST
Hey guys, just wanting to know what is all involved with a manual to auto swap and if it would be worth the money. Truck is a 2005 Dodge, I think I am pushing my luck with my NV5600 at 800hp. The end goal is 1000 hp and I want to get one from Firepunk but I don't think I could afford to have them install everything.

For control, it depends if you want to wire it to use the ECM or a standalone transmission controller like the Anteater. With the ECM, everything is factory but you'll need to source an automatic C2 ECM harness as well as the harness for C130. With the Anteater, no truck side wiring needs to change except the neutral safety switch setup.

I believe driveshafts are different lengths by about an inch. You didn't specify 2wd or 4x4. I want to say the transfer case would need a different input or possibly you would use a bigger output shaft? Not sure on that part.

Using an aftermarket shifter is likely the easiest part, depending on where you want it mounted.

Confirmed. If the truck is 4wd, you'll need a larger output shaft on the transmission. Or change the input on the transfer case.

You'll need a different adapter plate, shorter bolts for the flex plate, shorten the transfer case shifter rod, the rubber isolator/mount from the crossmember to the trans. The coolers and the shift method is up to you. You'll need to wire the neutral safety and reverse lights in depending on what shifting method you choose to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I thinking about going with the Firepunk Stage 3 so I think the output shaft on the transmission is bigger already for the transfer case. The truck is a 4x4 sorry. I plan to do the Anteater from firepunk as well I don't want to mess with a lot of wiring. Any suggestions on the best shifter since it will not be a manual valve body??

My favorite shifter is a Precision Performance Kwik Shift but it's an all-out racing shifter and reverse lockout is an extra step. The Cheetah shifter seems to be a good match for the 48-style VB pattern. I run a B&M in my daily.

Awesome! I have sent rick an email. Thank you for the help Farmer!!

Back