Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
9 LIVES

Name: 9 LIVES
Title: Demolition Expert
Member`s Gallery
Oversized fuel lines?

I think I have asked this before but here goes nothing...

For drag racing applications only (no street use) are oversized fuel lines a must? .93 or the .120's? How important is oversized lines? are they overkill on a 12V ? I know for sled pulling you need the oversized lines.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:12 AM   #2
9 LIVES

Name: 9 LIVES
Title: Demolition Expert
Member`s Gallery
Yes sir. How do oversized lines affect a converter? just curious

Old 12-19-2006, 06:31 AM   #3
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
It's all a part of your 'tune'. Keep that P-pump supplied with a healthy lift pump and the stockers should be fine.... Unless your plans include a few fat shots of nitrous..... But again it's all a part of your 'tune'......

Old 12-19-2006, 10:26 AM   #4
COMP461

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Big fuel lines are the answer to a question that shouldn’t be asked. They slow the inertia of fuel in the lines I would never use a line bigger the .090 there might be an application, or perceived application for these lines else where, but not drag racing, and definitely not on the street. I made 1126 hp with Buddha Power stock lines size lines.

On another note, after looking at absolute evidence, of Dyno numbers on a DynoJect inertia Dyno VS. an engine Dyno, the same engine shows some interesting results . The always assumed, but never documented big percentage of loss thru the drive line is not evident. I believe that an inertia Dyno is a good tool to tune with , but not always numbers that correlate to what is at the flywheel
I wished people would not always gets so combative when I give some of this information , and if they do , Ill stop, it takes time to put this online but I have been there , and the data I put here for all to see ,should be valuable to the people that never publicly post , but PM

Old 12-19-2006, 10:40 AM   #5
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP461

On another note, after looking at absolute evidence, of Dyno numbers on a DynoJect inertia Dyno VS. an engine Dyno, the same engine shows some interesting results . The always assumed, but never documented big percentage of loss thru the drive line is not evident. I believe that an inertia Dyno is a good tool to tune with , but not always numbers that correlate to what is at the flywheel
I wished people would not always gets so combative when I give some of this information , and if they do , Ill stop, it takes time to put this online but I have been there , and the data I put here for all to see ,should be valuable to the people that never publicly post , but PM

What chew talking bout willis?

Old 12-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #6
COMP461

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
http://bankspower.com/tech_truthintesting.cfm

Old 12-19-2006, 01:13 PM   #7
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
You want me to split this thread Greg? I can make a seperate dyno thread if you like...
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 12-19-2006, 09:53 PM   #8
CC12V

Name: CC12V
Title: CompD CNC
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinDuallie
It's all a part of your 'tune'. Keep that P-pump supplied with a healthy lift pump and the stockers should be fine.... Unless your plans include a few fat shots of nitrous..... But again it's all a part of your 'tune'......
What does nitrous have to do with line size?

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Putting em on the trailer since 2002

361-960-2217

Old 12-20-2006, 06:44 AM   #9
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC12V
What does nitrous have to do with line size?
Just a preference of mine when injecting 'multiple' FAT shots of the giggles, to go one size up from the stockers, combined with a extremely worked over P-pump. . . But for small shots the stockers are just fine....... again just a personal preference of mine....

Closed Thread