Twins Cold Pipe Pieces?

Red Stroke said:
Forrest you have a link for half price bends?
X2, I just bought 3 4" 90's locally, and they were cheaper than airflo, but not alot cheaper, maybe 3-4 bucks per bend.

tony597fitter said:
Polished Stainless, would be cheaper, nicer looking and easier to weld.
JMO.
I thought about that but aluminum is easy to work with. My only problem is I don't have a TIG welder, only a MIG with a spool gun. I'm not sure you can weld sch10 aluminum pipe with a MIG though, seems really thin. I'll look into stainless.

jfaulkner said:
I thought about that but aluminum is easy to work with. My only problem is I don't have a TIG welder, only a MIG with a spool gun. I'm not sure you can weld sch10 aluminum pipe with a MIG though, seems really thin. I'll look into stainless.

Welding aluminum with a mig gun sucks and looks like crap.

How many people know that you can take a $300 ac/dc buzz box and turn it into a Tig welder?
I do it everyday this way.

Aiflo.com is a good place to start. I got my stuff from Allied exhaust in Salt Lake, a little cheaper then airflo but you have to have a tax id number.

Idaho. I understand the benefit of TIG, but why not MIG them? As long as all the "dingleberries" are taken care of, he pipes work fine.

Mine are ground smooth, and they do not leak.

From this
MVC-002F-1.jpg

To this
100_0075.jpg

A mig works fine as long as you clean the pipes. That is something that isn't all that easy to do on cold pipes though. Another bad thing about mig is starting and stopping the weld. It's not all that easy to get a complete weld unless your pipes fit quite well so you dont blow through the pipe.

WUnderwood said:
sweet lookin piping, Justinp

Thanks Will. This was my first set that I built back at the end of 04.

With tri mix, and a SP100 Lincoln I had no problem blowing through the pipes. Slap a soft pad on a grinder and I had them smooth in no time.

Back when I was younger I worked in a handrail shop so butt welding and grinding pipe came easy. Of course TIG is always my choice when a brushed or stainless handrail order came in.

justinp20012500 said:
Thanks Will. This was my first set that I built back at the end of 04.

With tri mix, and a SP100 Lincoln I had no problem blowing through the pipes. Slap a soft pad on a grinder and I had them smooth in no time.

Back when I was younger I worked in a handrail shop so butt welding and grinding pipe came easy. Of course TIG is always my choice when a brushed or stainless handrail order came in.

All I want to do anymore is Heli-Arc (Tig) at work. They ask me to go and stick weld something I try to find something else to do.
Tig welding all day for 8-12 hours gets a person spoiled.:blahblah1:

Back