Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 12:54 AM   #1
gododge99

Name: gododge99
Title: Truck In Shambles
Member`s Gallery
trans wiring help!

alright guys, after multiple searchers i have come up empty handed. quick history, 99 p pump 24v race truck. after some camshaft walk last season i removed the engine to freshen it up and make some repairs, while i had it apart i had this great idea to remove the dash to save weight and make room for a cage. i also removed the ecm and engine wiring harness that was now useless. long story short i started it last night to take it for a quick test run and now i only have one foward gear, is there any way to satisfy the pcm so that it will go through all the gears? i have already seperated the wiring harness from the dash and plugged everything back in and still no worky..

Old 04-12-2018, 02:57 AM   #2
Big Blue24

Name: Big Blue24
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Sounds like it's time for a full manual VB and a nice shifter!!!

You can manually shift it with your column shifter, need to hit manual 1st/L before it grabs 2nd or Drive, so start in N, and in one quick motion shift it down the L. Then it will upshift to second immediately when you bump up to 2, then upshift to 3rd immediately when you bump into D. You'll need toggle switches for lockup and overdrive.
OEM 12v Block

Old 04-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #3
joefarmer

Name: joefarmer
Title: MR. Supreme Overlord
Member`s Gallery
I believe the PCM will need to see a tach signal to shift correctly. There's an old thread here (2011?), I think the guy's name is Matt, that stripped out the necessary wires for just using the PCM and 12 for 47RE control. I think he posted what it takes to get it working in his F250 swap.

My biased vote is a standalone controller like the Anteater for all out race trucks.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:01 AM   #4
Stormin08

Name: Stormin08
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Products | E-TransControl

Old 04-18-2018, 08:22 AM   #5
BigPapa

Name: BigPapa
Title: Truckless
Member`s Gallery
Mine's not a race truck, but when I put my '95 12V in my '98.5 truck with a 47RE, I wanted it "turn key", where everything worked as stock. I had to run all the 24V sensors including the crank sensor and APPS, and the 24V ECM to make the tranny work properly.

2003 Avalanche Z71

Common sense is like deodorant. The people that need it most never use it.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:40 AM   #6
YOUNG GUNS15

Name: YOUNG GUNS15
Title: Im AWESOME!!!!
Member`s Gallery
I’d second the recommendation for full manual valve-body. Literally the most simple way to control the transmission. No tuning, hardly any wiring. (Power and two grounds )

To date I’ve had three different standalone controllers, each with their own strengths. Firepunk is probably the best option for automatic shifting AND racing. E-trans for daily driving, PCS for doing some cool shiz that really isn’t necessary haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closed Thread