Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Pit Area- OFF TOPIC FORUMS > The Swap Meet > For Sale > General Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Diesel General Diesel For Sale Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 06:30 PM   #1
2001cummins

Name: 2001cummins
Title: Costly
Member`s Gallery
Anybody else have a bad experience with CPP

I purchased some intercooler boots for my Dodge truck. On Friday and paid for two day shipping. Got a hold of them and they shipped it UPS and said it should be here Friday. Not to mention two day shipping cost me $50 and won't even be here.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #2
stubz616

Name: stubz616
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I've had some issues before with him. More related to taking a really long time to get my parts sent out. I would think he should credit you for the 2 day shipping since he didn't send it 2 day. I would ask him about it at least.
95 RCLB Farrell Diesel Stage 5 13mm pump,Hamilton Springs,Retainers,Pushrods,Fluidampr,Steed Speed,S467.7/soon to be S488 atmo,Full Billet Trans,DPC 4 disk TC,BD Pressure Loc,Haley Speed 5x.022s,Diesel Pros Custom Cam,O-Ringed,.010 over HG,A1000,Hellman sump,625 Studs, 30*

Old 07-28-2015, 06:58 PM   #3
2001cummins

Member`s Gallery
Tried calling. No answer. I'm going to call again tomorrow. I thought it was a good company that's y I went to him.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:53 PM   #4
Schrowang

Name: Schrowang
Title: Schroowwwaaaannnnnggggggg
Member`s Gallery
I've never had any issues, you just can't be in a hurry for parts. The shipping is not exactly fast.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:35 PM   #5
Kick Start

Name: Kick Start
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrowang View Post
I've never had any issues, you just can't be in a hurry for parts. The shipping is not exactly fast.
Pay for two day shipping and then not get your parts? Don't be in a hurry?

All possible because of UNICORNS
Wampus Cat Diesel

Old 07-28-2015, 09:43 PM   #6
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
Yes. Don't be in a hurry or you'll get let down as the OP has.

Pretty much goes for just about any online diesel performance experience. Unless you speak with somebody on the phone and they tell you "yes, it will ship today/tomorrow, and you'll receive it in 2/3 days", I wouldn't put any weight on an online order.

Most small time outfits drop-ship. Then there's the fact that your order might not have been processed until Tues or Wed due to order volume and employee count. I'm not saying that this is what happened in this instance. I'm just saying...

Is it BS to offer expedited shipping and not process the order for days without warning the customer of the possibility ahead of time? yes... Should they refund his upgraded shipping cost? yes... Will they? yes...

But the "don't be in a hurry" recommendation is a perfectly valid one in this industry, unfortunately.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:53 PM   #7
BIGRPOWR

Name: BIGRPOWR
Title: SBTTFMF
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter's Roofing View Post
Yes. Don't be in a hurry or you'll get let down as the OP has.

Pretty much goes for just about any online diesel performance experience. Unless you speak with somebody on the phone and they tell you "yes, it will ship today/tomorrow, and you'll receive it in 2/3 days", I wouldn't put any weight on an online order.

Most small time outfits drop-ship. Then there's the fact that your order might not have been processed until Tues or Wed due to order volume and employee count. I'm not saying that this is what happened in this instance. I'm just saying...

Is it BS to offer expedited shipping and not process the order for days without warning the customer of the possibility ahead of time? yes... Should they refund his upgraded shipping cost? yes... Will they? yes...

But the "don't be in a hurry" recommendation is a perfectly valid one in this industry, unfortunately.
no its not valid.
CONTACT US FOR ANYTHING DIESEL RELATED FROM INTAKES TO EXHAUST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
800-581-8986

Old 07-29-2015, 12:06 AM   #8
Lucky Jeff

Name: Lucky Jeff
Title: Stock Sucks
Member`s Gallery
If they offer two day shipping, it MUST be two day shipping. They're a piss poor company if they offer something they can't stand behind. It's well known that it can take time to get parts out in this industry. The quality shops are the ones that make that known at time of purchase.
02 Grand Cherokee - ummmmm?
http://www.facebook.com/JBrentson

Old 07-29-2015, 12:43 AM   #9
creeg

Name: creeg
Title: RELENTLESS
Member`s Gallery
Anybody else have a bad experience with CPP

I ordered the push pull cable for my hand throttle and the end links. It took so long I forgot I ordered them!

Click the image to open in full size.

Not to derail but I had this made and sent to me faster than I got the cable lol, but they are reasonable prices so I can't complain to much.

Last edited by creeg; 07-29-2015 at 12:44 AM.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:50 AM   #10
Schrowang

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick Start View Post
Pay for two day shipping and then not get your parts? Don't be in a hurry?
Don't pay for 2 day shipping, you're wasting your money. Pay for the basic ground, it's going to take for ever no matter what you pay for shipping.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:08 AM   #11
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I love how it is just ok with some that it takes forever to get parts. One off customer parts I get it. If the parts are in stock they should ship out same day or next day. End of story. If the parts are not in stock it should say so on the website or the buyer should be contacted stating the parts are on backorder. The diesel performance industry is the only one I order things from that jerking customers around is OK and kind of the norm. Luckily many are starting businesses capitalizing on the lack of customer service.

This is why I order most of my parts through fleabay. Funny how fast things ship from the same companies when their name is on the line for the world to see.

North American Turbo

Old 07-29-2015, 07:17 AM   #12
duramaxzak

Name: duramaxzak
Title: Rookie!!!
Member`s Gallery
I have ordered parts from CPP because they had best price, but was not happy with the delivery time or lack of shipping confirmation.

I wish more places were like Summit racing were it tells you if the parts are in stock and when it will ship. I know if I order a part that's in stock it will be at my front door in 3 days with standard shipping!!!

- Danville performance, Mark.
- Suncoast transmission's, Andrew.
- Wehrli custom fab, Jason.
- Profab, Rick
- Turbo performance, Levi.
- HSP, Joe and Dave.
- SoCal diesel.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:30 AM   #13
Scooter's Roofing

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRPOWR View Post
no its not valid.
multiple complaints about delivery time... I'd say "don't be in a hurry" is pretty valid

Old 07-29-2015, 08:55 AM   #14
AllCrankedUp

Name: AllCrankedUp
Title: puller
Member`s Gallery
They should credit back all of your shipping. And next day another set of boots so u have them for the time that you ordered them

Old 07-29-2015, 09:16 AM   #15
zfaylor

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter's Roofing View Post
multiple complaints about delivery time... I'd say "don't be in a hurry" is pretty valid
I keep getting the sense that the guys saying "don't be in a hurry" are somehow justifying piss poor shipping. The item the OP ordered is not a custom part. If it is in stock it should ship right away. If it isn't the customer should be notified of the backorder. This is a basic concept in every industry why is it ok in this industry again?

In case people are forgetting: CPP offered 2 day shipping and the customer paid extra for it.

North American Turbo

Last edited by zfaylor; 07-29-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:26 AM   #16
Schrowang

Member`s Gallery
Never said I liked it, it's just the way it is. Maybe he'll read this and step up his shipping and then again maybe not.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:04 AM   #17
2001cummins

Member`s Gallery
Tried calling no answer. Even sent emails. Sadly I needed these no later than tomorrow morning. I agree if you offer two day then stand behind it. He called and told me it wasn't going to be two days than I would have went somewhere else. I thought this company had a good rep. That's what I get for thinking.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:13 AM   #18
Scooter's Roofing

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfaylor View Post
I keep getting the sense that the guys saying "don't be in a hurry" are somehow justifying piss poor shipping.
uhh, no...

did you read my post at all?

I think it's bull****, but it is what it is... I don't do business with CPP, personally.

Saying "don't be in a hurry" doesn't validate slow shipping/poor customer service. It just says "don't be in a hurry". Should we say "definitely be in a hurry and expect by-the-minute tracking/shipping updates." and let the customer be let down by unrealistic expectations?

Old 07-29-2015, 10:22 AM   #19
zfaylor

Member`s Gallery
No, the way it reads is "don't be in a hurry it's just how they are". We should all be saying CPP needs to get their chit together. It is an obvious issue that they do not care to address. Paying for 2 day shipping and receiving standard shipping is no different than not receiving a product you pay for. They should have refunded the money instantly when they knew they could not deliver what was paid for. How in the hell that is an unrealistic expectation is beyond me. Offering 2 day shipping for an additional $50 and the customer demanding that is not unrealistic whatsoever.

North American Turbo

Old 07-29-2015, 10:41 AM   #20
Scooter's Roofing

Member`s Gallery
Unfortunately, based on 15+yrs in this hobby, I'd say it's an unrealistic expectation overall... again, unless I actually speak with somebody and they assure me on the phone that something is going out on this date and arriving on that date, I put zero faith in online ordering from a small company.

And I extend that lack of faith to ANY online ordering experience from a small company... Just BTDT way too many times to expect otherwise.

I know Mike is saying it's invalid because that's not how he operates. Which is why I buy stuff from him whenever I can! But, I always bug him with a text order vs. an online order... 15yrs of being snake-bit by unrealistic expectations will do that to a man

Last edited by Scooter's Roofing; 07-29-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Closed Thread