Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2013+ 6.7L 385
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 01:05 AM   #1
SixOhh

Name: SixOhh
Title: EPA unfriendly
Member`s Gallery
I finnally bought a Mega, I have random electrical questions

Dang all this fancy key fob business! bought a 14' mega and it sure is nice, BUT...

Can i disable the door chime or seat belt dinger without buying anything?
I drive slow on oilfield roads, dont like to buckle up!

I also like the radio on and the doors open while im working on location but the dinger!

I am trying to choose between the Lockpick v2 or the Tazer ram from Z automotive. I do not like being told by a computer that my rear tires need 80psi in them! i don't tow heavy and i want 55 in the rear, but that warning stays on the dash and also gives me the TPMS dash light.

lastly, i would rather the reverse camera be on the "big screen" than the rear view mirror screen. i dont want to see the bed of my truck, i want to see behind it. Is there any way i can swap signal wires? i pulled the U connect 8.4 out but the video inputs seem to have different plugs.

thanks for any opinions,
H-Town Off-Road

Old 06-27-2019, 06:52 AM   #2
RD TRCTR

Name: RD TRCTR
Title: Diesels, Burn Outs & Tits
Member`s Gallery
The fourth gens are quite diverse in regards to harness and trim level. What trim level do you have?

I was hesitant at first to air the rears up to 80 unloaded. My personal opinion is that the truck rides better with them at 80 than at 55. Maybe give it a try.

Check out AlfaOBD. It may be able to disable everything that you would like.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:47 AM   #3
ComnRailPwr

Name: ComnRailPwr
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
1- plug seatbelt in.*
2- Turn key to run position and then wait till seat belt light turns off.
3-*unplug and replug seat belt in 3 times in 10 seconds leaving it plugged in on 3rd time.
4-then turn key off. You should then hear a chime and the finger will be off. Light will stay on.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Old 06-29-2019, 10:13 PM   #4
SixOhh

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComnRailPwr View Post
1- plug seatbelt in.*
2- Turn key to run position and then wait till seat belt light turns off.
3-*unplug and replug seat belt in 3 times in 10 seconds leaving it plugged in on 3rd time.
4-then turn key off. You should then hear a chime and the finger will be off. Light will stay on.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Thanks I'll try that
H-Town Off-Road

Old 07-02-2019, 08:54 PM   #5
SixOhh

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD TRCTR View Post
The fourth gens are quite diverse in regards to harness and trim level. What trim level do you have?

I was hesitant at first to air the rears up to 80 unloaded. My personal opinion is that the truck rides better with them at 80 than at 55. Maybe give it a try.

Check out AlfaOBD. It may be able to disable everything that you would like.
You are the man! I haven't posted back because I've been playing with alfa obd for the last 3 days. I already had an obd link bt scanner so all I had to pay for was the software

Mine is a Laramie so a lot of the hard parts were already there to enable in the can bus system.

I can now roll the windows down with the fobix plus the seat belt chime is gone... tire pressure warning = gone!

I changed backup camera settings and also no more fog light drop out high beams.

It's pretty solid as far as the available diagnostics... I can turn on any lights from my tablet outside the truck.. this includes testing trailer lights. I can cycle the fuel pump and adjust about 3755837 other things
H-Town Off-Road

Old 07-03-2019, 07:50 AM   #6
RD TRCTR

Name: RD TRCTR
Title: Diesels, Burn Outs & Tits
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOhh View Post
You are the man! I haven't posted back because I've been playing with alfa obd for the last 3 days. I already had an obd link bt scanner so all I had to pay for was the software

Mine is a Laramie so a lot of the hard parts were already there to enable in the can bus system.

I can now roll the windows down with the fobix plus the seat belt chime is gone... tire pressure warning = gone!

I changed backup camera settings and also no more fog light drop out high beams.

It's pretty solid as far as the available diagnostics... I can turn on any lights from my tablet outside the truck.. this includes testing trailer lights. I can cycle the fuel pump and adjust about 3755837 other things
Very good to hear!

I haven't pulled the trigger on the Alfa OBD stuff yet as I am considering selling my fourth gen.... I may do some reading over the long weekend and pull the trigger.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:44 AM   #7
SixOhh

Member`s Gallery
Well thanks for letting me know about it. the Tire pressure notification on the dash was about to drive me insane!

it was cheaper than going with the tazer ram too
H-Town Off-Road

Closed Thread