Fuel return line popping off?

J-Pipes

My inlaws have a 2005 3500, said they've got a return line that keeps coming off and dumping fuel all over. I'm waiting on more details, but thought maybe someone on here had an idea. They've been replacing the line, last one blew the next day. Said it leaks right onto the manifold(s). Truck is slightly modified, efi live, injectors, 467 or 366 turbo I think, airdog fuel system I think as well.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Are you sure the #4 injector line isn't also an issue? Those third gens had issues with the #4 breaking and leaking everywhere.

Are you sure the #4 injector line isn't also an issue? Those third gens had issues with the #4 breaking and leaking everywhere.
I do not, I've not seen it myself, or talked in depth, or have any duramax knowledge either! I'll get more specifics today though.

He posted this in the GM LLY section. I started thinking the same thing before realizing it’s a Duramax issue.

J, could it be a restricted return back to the tank? I’d remove the line that keeps blowing off and blow air back into the tank with the fuel cap off. Also physically and visually trace that line back to the tank, inspecting for kinks.

I guess I was off a yr, said it's an 2006 LBZ, so if this needs moved to that section feel free to do so. They did put air too it, said it may have been somewhat restricted, but should be clear now. Picture is of the line assembly, said it's been different sections that have failed.
52ecf41a6d436f37807aaf7ef3816a18.jpg

I guess I was off a yr, said it's an 2006 LBZ, so if this needs moved to that section feel free to do so. They did put air too it, said it may have been somewhat restricted, but should be clear now. Picture is of the line assembly, said it's been different sections that have failed.

We've seen that too. The return lines won't stay on if there is a restriction in the line someplace. Wonder if they notice any pressure when they remove the fuel cap.
The tanks are vented back to the filler neck, and I know if you try filling the fuel all the way until the fuel filler pipe is full up to the cap the tank can't vent.

I didn't even look at the section that this was in, saw it was from Mr. Pipes and assumed Dodge.

I didn't even look at the section that this was in, saw it was from Mr. Pipes and assumed Dodge.
Which is usually right, think this is actually my first non dodge/cummins truck post on here even!

Like was said, check for restrictions, then replace the assembly with a Bosch piece. Same line fits LLY/LBZ/LMM, there's a left line and right line. If you don't like the idea of plastic, Injectors Direct makes a kit with metal fittings that are double barbed

Back