Injector Connector ?

cj42

New England Texan
Does anyone know if the injector fuel connectors can go bad? If so are there any sound or noises that come from a bad one? I have had a slight tapping noise coming from my truck at light throttle. First I thought is was timing. Then replaced FCA,Cascade valve, replaced CP3, bought F1 40HP injectors, Now that I can tweak the setting on my smarty and stack with quad race pressure only I can really hear when turning up the rail pressure. Timing does not effect it at all. Its something between the CP3 pump and the injectors. Checked the pressure relief valve on the rail. That's not it. It seems to be tied to throttle position and only will make the noise once rail psi is over 13500 psi. Not really tied to RPM. Any thoughts

Sounds like pressure rattle you're describing. Low rpm/boost and rp over 14k on my truck I can hear a rapid ticking noise. Its normal if that's what it is.

Sent from my DROIDX

i just put a new cp3, lift pump and 50hp schied injectors on a truck this week and the ticking became very noticeable.

How did you know? I pulled the cap off mine and it was dry.

Rail sensor and rail relief are 2 different things. And I seriously doubt it was dry when you removed the banjo bolt. That line is tied into the return fuel circuit from the cp-3. So there is fuel present, just not from the relief valve. Now if you were referring to the rail sensor was dry, then good, its supposed to be. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX

try clocking the cp3

Its timing, not clocking the CP3 that fixes the issue. Jeez, newb.

Kind of a pain in the butt, especially with dual CP3s... wish they'd put timing marks on those serpentine pulleys.

:hehe::hehe:

To the OP: x2 for Homewreckers words.

I believe this is the same guy I shared vids with on CF or DTR about his issue... I'm pretty sure it's the same noise we're all hearing OR he's got an injector going out like my old one a long time ago that started ticking..

the is no timing cp3 that is why i used clocking term instead no reason to get sacastic and all your doing is clocking the gear on shaft of pump to help with rotational gear clash.

the is no timing cp3 that is why i used clocking term instead no reason to get sacastic and all your doing is clocking the gear on shaft of pump to help with rotational gear clash.

It would do you justice to explain your theory a little better.. "Gear clash" due to what. And take time to check your spelling when you post.

There was a time about 2yrs ago john with floor it mentioned to me about rotating the pump shaft 30* to possibly remove some pressure rattle. I think this started when it was rumored that the 6.7's were degree'd from the factory. Theory behind it was pressure pulses from the cp-3 being in sync with one or more injectors closing. It didn't help my truck and Im not sure it was even true about the 6.7's. Might have just been a theory that got passed off as the gospel for a while. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX

If you don't like sarcasm, you are in the wrong place, friend. I assumed you were joking and was upping the ante'.

There was a time about 2yrs ago john with floor it mentioned to me about rotating the pump shaft 30* to possibly remove some pressure rattle. I think this started when it was rumored that the 6.7's were degree'd from the factory. Theory behind it was pressure pulses from the cp-3 being in sync with one or more injectors closing. It didn't help my truck and Im not sure it was even true about the 6.7's. Might have just been a theory that got passed off as the gospel for a while. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX

I make this statement without inferring anything about John; I don't know him personally and didn't hear it from him directly... or you for that matter.

That said. Clocking, Timing, or otherwise fuking with the orientation of a CP3 with respect to crankshaft position for any reason is CRAP. You would get more horsepower and a smoother running engine by undercoating your firewall with a rattle can.

I am obsessively OCD (redundancy intentional) and if some form of alignment for any reason were necessary or proven better in some way, I would be a disciple teaching the masses.

I'm not.

Instead, I like to joke with mechanical converts who are used to it mattering. (ref:easymon)

If you disagree with me, fine; answer this question: If it mattered one damn IOTA, don't you think the anal-retentive Germans at Bosch would have keyed the shaft, and the knights of the round-table at Cummins (hallowed be thy name) would have dotted the gear?

Perhaps we should phase the rotors on our alternators for better starting and climate control system performance?

Till someone has proof with calibrated instrumentation (instead of biased opinion of the individual justifying the time to do such an exercise in futility) of reduced NVH or more horsepower, I say CRAP.

Don't drop the hammer on me. Lol. Just sharing some info on how this rumor did go around a few years ago. I bit and tried it. It doesn't work and like my first post in this thread said, the rattle is normal with modded trucks.

Sent from my DROIDX

Don't drop the hammer on me. Lol. Just sharing some info on how this rumor did go around a few years ago. I bit and tried it.

See bold below.

I make this statement without inferring anything about John; I don't know him personally and didn't hear it from him directly... or you for that matter.

hmmm the clutch on the AC compressor has been getting louder lately......

You should develop a serpentine belt with marks on it to assist with alternator and auxiliary CP3 timing. Sell it with marked pulleys for both. Might also want to consider an adjustable CP3 timing gear. You'll be rich! LOL

Back