Injector return

Id thought about it before also......it seems to serve a couple big issues, injector cooling I believe is a major one. I would also expect it would lead to early nozzle failures due to pressure? Tee it back to the rt

It's a bleed off for fuel that leaks past the plunger, if it's plugged pressure will build in the injector body and the injector will no longer function properly.

Little off topic, what fitting on the injector return?

I have forgotten what it is, let alone the thread sizing.

Keep it.

The fuel bypassed by the needle guide is pushed upward through the spring, shim, and then into the return passage. If you delete the return, the trapped pressure will fight against the incoming pressure as it tries to lift the pintle.
24959_341805700912_506865912_4152430_7212724_n.jpg

Last edited:
Little off topic, what fitting on the injector return?

I have forgotten what it is, let alone the thread sizing.

It's the very tiny tubing coming through #5 and #6 valve covers, cut it off roll or bend it down then silver solder a steel something [1/8 pipe] to -6AN male adaptor to it. Then from there a -6 push lock going to a tee also catching the pump return then on to the cell or tank.

Sounds simple enough. Stock lines are low grade SS arent they?

They seem to be stainless yes. Ive silver soldered them and also tiged them with stainless 1/16 rod. Cut a small section off the end and take with you to get the fitting find what ever fitting that the tubing fits in the tightest, you may even get 'something to -4an' then a -4 to -6 increaser.

I just used a compression fitting...others have just used a piece of hose and a hose clamp...there's not much pressure there;)

Chris

Who wants to chance any fuel leak on the track though or anywhere for that matter. A hose pushed over a slick piece of tubing and a clamp is a potitial problem later, easier to do it right once. AN fittings wont leak

Who wants to chance any fuel leak on the track though or anywhere for that matter. A hose pushed over a slick piece of tubing and a clamp is a potitial problem later, easier to do it right once. AN fittings wont leak

I agree...just saying...

Chris

Just call up the guys at airdog my airdog kit came with a adapter to t the injector return and the pump return together and a pushlock fitting back to the tank.

Anybody know what either of those returns run at psi wise?

Back