3126 in need of more power

TheKid

my boss has a 224hp 3126 CAT in our hauler and its sloooowwwww , we may be haevy but it has a hard time getting out of its own way , down hill with a tail wind even. so far ive got the MP8 Power Play on it and it did help it out but it still needs more , im open to ideas on pump work , injectors , turbo higher factory CAT tunes i really have no clue. any ideas?

You might try pdi, they do tunes for the big cats but I'm not sure about the little ones.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

The 3126 got a HEUI system very similar to the 7.3L powerjokes. Put bigger injectors in it and a better windmill.

I have found the reason for their low hp usually is because a dead cat got stuck behind the fan hub. Remove that and pull the dead cat out.

its factory rating is 224hp. the programmer i think bumped it up to just a tic over 300hp.
if im not mistaken this is one that has more power when you use the cruise control cause i can flat foot her and it go NOWHERE , then bump the cruise and feel the boost come up and it moves right along!

my boss has a 224hp 3126 CAT in our hauler and its sloooowwwww , we may be haevy but it has a hard time getting out of its own way , down hill with a tail wind even. so far ive got the MP8 Power Play on it and it did help it out but it still needs more , im open to ideas on pump work , injectors , turbo higher factory CAT tunes i really have no clue. any ideas?

I work for a Cat dealer in Alaska. Post your serial number for me and I will look and see what power options you can get. 3126 is no power house but will run ok, what is your gross vehicle weight?

Engine year. 1999
Ser.No. 7AS71643
Perf.Spec. 175-3302

GVW of truck is 25'000lbs

Rolling down the road im probably at 40'000lbs+

Back