Injector Problem?? Help

blwnsmke

Do injectors just ever give up qne quit working?? Today with smarty(4.2) alone and tst off Im getting some white/grey smoke. If I get on it it from a dead stop it will roll the coal and have a little of that white/grey mixed in it and as soon as that clears up it starts hazing a good bit like white or white/grey. I then let off the gas and while Im coasting to a stop its constantly still hazing like white and was sitting at stop sign and it was hazing the white/grey also. I think its more white then any color. Motor feels strong still on bottom end smarty alone. But tonight on interstate on way home I got on it at about 70mph and it started spittin a sputterin on top end.. ???? Any ideas? I checked my oil like 5 times and its about a Inch over the hash marks on the dipstick.. I remember checking my oil about 2wks ago and it was in the hash marks. Do yall think the stock injectors are about to let go? BTW I just had the Rail Pressure Sensor go out this past week so my truck saw MAX RP while the senor went out. Maybe I damaged a injector?? When the sensor went out I drove the truck about 20mph about a mile back to my house and cranked it up once or twice trying to diagonoise the problem.. I turned the smarty down to sw5 and i couldn't really get it to haze that white smoke anymore. What yall think? I got a leaky injector??

I wouldn't run it anymore, sounds like you either have a cracked leaking body or tip, your def getting fuel in your oil. I'd take the truck off the road and pull them out for inspection and go from there. might need to send them down to Don for repair or buy a new set out right.

Brett

Its weird because its not making anymore oil, its in the same spot as it was yesterday and it seems like Its not smoking white anymore?? What the heck?? Any ideas? Is that a sign of something giving up?

Checked my coolant today!! Its def went down!! OH LORD?? Whats that mean? Truck runs fine! And I can't get it to blow white anymore??

Back