EGR Delete?

Bruno2

I have already used the search function, but didnt really come up with any good info. Is there a step by step thread that anybody knows about here? Does anybody have any good videos to recommend?

I watched one where the guys doing the video just pulled everything off, installed the block offs and called it done.

Then I hear things about getting a tuner that resets or compensates for something now that the EGR system is gone.

Then maybe a DPF pipe???

Who sells a good turn key kit for the delete?

Bought mine from "full pull tuning" was about 40bucks. Look his website up, he's very helpful and will answer any question. My truck was already tuned, so I just unplugged the two connectors and tied them back.

Even though it was "tuned" I could see where it was still opening some and leaking, made a pretty good difference deleting it. Also lowered engine temp about 20° when towing heavy. Not heating the coolant up from the egr cooler.

You can get an EGR and Throttle Valve removal kit from eBay for $68 shipped. The kit fits well. I think a CompD moderator sells them, but then again it's probably a common name.

Go to Sinisters website, find the kit, look for the instructions. Installation of the kit should take about 2 hours. If you have a dual radiator truck, draining the coolant is the biggest b1tch, IMHO.

Yes, you will need tuning.

If you reroute the EGR, you might as well update the DPF and SCR catalyst (if applicable) as well.

I wouldn't buy one from Sinister, that's my only 2 cents in this conversation. $.02

Not saying to buy the Sinister kit, just recommending that he read their instructions so he knows what he is getting in to.

I dont know if you could find one on the web, but I have a old h&s booklet that I've used and its nice with pictures and what not. One tid bit I would give is use an egr kit that plugs the coolant pipe and the block vs reconnecting it to the block. Less room for leaks. Also, buy a cheap 15mm wrench ( if I remember right) and cut it down for the cooler bolts that hold it on to the manifold.

I've had my valve turned off for a long time and I've had a box full of parts for the cooler/throttle body delete, but have never found the free time. Does it change anything I'd notice from the cab? Like is throttle response increased? Or would that just be eliminating weight and the risk of a cooler leak?

I've had my valve turned off for a long time and I've had a box full of parts for the cooler/throttle body delete, but have never found the free time. Does it change anything I'd notice from the cab? Like is throttle response increased? Or would that just be eliminating weight and the risk of a cooler leak?

Mine was turned off also, when I pulled the valve off the shaft was shiny clean for over 1/4" where it was moving constantly.
I could undoubtedly feel a difference in the truck after, and the engine temp reduced an average of 20°. I never liked it running at 220° plus while towing, stays at 200 after.

Mine was turned off also, when I pulled the valve off the shaft was shiny clean for over 1/4" where it was moving constantly.
I could undoubtedly feel a difference in the truck after, and the engine temp reduced an average of 20°. I never liked it running at 220° plus while towing, stays at 200 after.

Good deal! I also have a box of studs and injectors that need to go in. I'll have to find a day and actually do it. :Cheer:

Back