Keeping my ⚧ ?

On my 12v swapped Ford, I have no trans/coolant heat exchanger and put a cooler in the front and a cooler under the bed with a fan on a thermostatic switch. It rarely comes on but it's there if I need it for stop and go traffic in the summer.

I need to remove that heat exchanger on my 3rd gen. How is everyone going about doing that? I might just bypass the coolant so I don't have to mess with the transmission lines.
What ever became of the 70's Blue ford you were building? that one had my attention

Local shop by me has been retro fitting 2nd gens heat exchangers to replace the 3rd gens, he makes up hydraulic lines for the oil lines, and mounts them behind the frt bumper.

He has a customer that runs transport from Indiana to Fl
Hauling RV trailers setup this way, the guy had aftermarket coolers before he did this mod, trans stays at 180 now mostly, was 200 on the hills before.

Are your feelings hurt? Do you need a safer space?

It would take an intelligent man to hurt my feelings, you sir, are not properly equipped. You're just another keyboard warrior.

As I said in the other post, do the letters FO mean anything to you?

Who died and made you the truck guru all of a sudden? Why is your opinion on the heat exchanger the gospel but everyone else who has said it can actually help to better regulate temperatures is wrong?

Chris

Local shop by me has been retro fitting 2nd gens heat exchangers to replace the 3rd gens, he makes up hydraulic lines for the oil lines, and mounts them behind the frt bumper.

He has a customer that runs transport from Indiana to Fl
Hauling RV trailers setup this way, the guy had aftermarket coolers before he did this mod, trans stays at 180 now mostly, was 200 on the hills before.

I believe that was going on way back in the day when the 3rd gen coolers stated failing, circa 2006-2008 time frame.

Seems to have worked fine back then too!
Chris

It would take an intelligent man to hurt my feelings, you sir, are not properly equipped. You're just another keyboard warrior.

As I said in the other post, do the letters FO mean anything to you?

Who died and made you the truck guru all of a sudden? Why is your opinion on the heat exchanger the gospel but everyone else who has said it can actually help to better regulate temperatures is wrong?

Chris
You joined this thread after me and now want to kick me out for disagreeing with you? That's some serious snowflake stuff...I don't think compd is a democrat/cancel culture site...:welcome:

You joined this thread after me and now want to kick me out for disagreeing with you? That's some serious snowflake stuff...I don't think compd is a democrat/cancel culture site...:welcome:

I never said anything about kicking you out of a thread, I just told you to fuck off. I guess if you choose to do that somewhere else, then we all win!

It is your method of disagreeing that rubs me the wrong way. You tell people that they are wrong, and that their opinion is not valid, yet you believe that your ways are the only ones. People way smarter than you put the heat exchanger on the truck, and for sound reason.

Now, for some situations, it can be removed and the truck still ran with good results, but not every one. If you are towing, it takes much more air to air cooler to keep transmission temps in check...also, which I know the OP is in this climate, if the ambient temperatures are high, the air to air coolers will have to work that much harder to keep up...the heat exchanger has a much better chance being as that it has a MUCH larger radiator to work with to cool it's liquid back down before working on the next round of transmission oil.

The radiator in a dodge is built with a ton of capacity for cooling, so it is more than capable of keeping up with all cooling demands by leaving the factory heat exchanger.

But, since you don't care about anyone's opinion but your own, I'll say this again. Do the letters FO mean anything to you?

For the OP, SmokinVE, I apologize for letting the thread turn into this, but hey, this is CompD, that's the chance you take. Hope you get some good info, and maybe a bit of entertainment.
Chris

It is your method of disagreeing that rubs me the wrong way. You tell people that they are wrong, and that their opinion is not valid, yet you believe that your ways are the only ones.

For the OP, SmokinVE, I apologize for letting the thread turn into this, but hey, this is CompD, that's the chance you take. Hope you get some good info, and maybe a bit of entertainment.
Chris

:clap::clap::clap:

I gave the input of better transmission cooling from adding a larger oil to air cooler and deleting the transmission heater next to the block. Biden600 and nuthuggler both joined this thread after me and quoted my posts and disagreed...Now they are offended :clap::clap::clap: Hilarious..thanks for the laugh guys. If your ideas were good they would stand well on their own and you wouldn't need to steer the discussion into talking about intelligence or make ad hominem attacks.

I gave the input of better transmission cooling from adding a larger oil to air cooler and deleting the transmission heater next to the block. Biden600 and nuthuggler both joined this thread after me and quoted my posts and disagreed...Now they are offended :clap::clap::clap: Hilarious..thanks for the laugh guys. If your ideas were good they would stand well on their own and you wouldn't need to steer the discussion into talking about intelligence or make ad hominem attacks.

Obviously, the letters FO do not in fact mean anything to you. I'm curious though, how about the words: Yard.........Burnout. Getting any strange urges when you see those particular words?

Obviously, the letters FO do not in fact mean anything to you. I'm curious though, how about the words: Yard.........Burnout. Getting any strange urges when you see those particular words?

Man I was just thinking that same thing. Sure is acting a lot like that other guy.

Just a friendly reminder that this thread is about transmission cooling.

A friendly reminder? I’m pretty sure everyone here who’s been a member for more than three minutes is willing to take a small rabbit trail to give you a friendly reminder of what it takes to be a friend around here. All you have to do is drop the attitude; it’s painfully simple.

Just a friendly reminder that this thread is about transmission cooling.

Now who's a snowflake?

We have all been here for years bud, you can take your 278 posts of garbage and go back to whatever rock you crawled out of if your feelings are hurt, because this is CompD. We derail threads for a living here.

Chris

Can't anyone have a trans cooler, grid heater, or silencer ring without a derail? God, you guys are assholes. I love all of you. :hehe:

crashed-wooden-toy-train-derail-top-view-horizontal-image-36354462.jpg

The transmission cooler from 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L diesel is a great option for cooling. Large surface area but not too thick so it can be tucked in the front. Cost effective also, they can be had new for $200-300. I run one up front with no fan in my racetruck and if I hot lap the truck has engine coolant getting over 210 before the trans gets to 185.

Back