Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Injectables; Water, Meth, Nitrous, Ect.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
770johnnyw

Name: 770johnnyw
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Best water/meth kit...

Just curious what you guys are runnug id like to cool this thing off a little but have no experience with water injection... thanks

Old 04-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
770johnnyw

Member`s Gallery
anybody???

Old 04-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
Sandaholic

Name: Sandaholic
Title: Bangin' through the gears
Member`s Gallery
IMO there is no best kit. They all have short comings. Depending on how much you need to inject the little shurflo pumps that the big injection companies use may not be strong enough to give you the proper atomization.

I'd say to "do it right". You'd want the top of the line cooling mist, labonte motorsports or possibly even a snow performance kit. And substitute the shurflo pumps with a real pump. Probably need to upgrade more components at that point.

Snow looks like it would be the easiest to adjust.
Labonte's new S4 looks like it would give you the best ability to dial it in.
Cooling mist looks like a PITA to adjust, but they offer a stand alone controller that will let you control when other things come on like nitrous.

You just have to do your research.

I personally have an Alcohol Injection Systems kit minus the controller. I picked up a progressive boost controller from labonte.

If I had the dough and could do it over I would go with a labonte or cooling mist controller that used boost & egt to activate my pump. I'd have solenoids for each nozzle and possibly separate pumps.

Another one to look at is Devils Own. They have pretty good pricing and a decent controller.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
770johnnyw

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaholic View Post
IMO there is no best kit. They all have short comings. Depending on how much you need to inject the little shurflo pumps that the big injection companies use may not be strong enough to give you the proper atomization.

I'd say to "do it right". You'd want the top of the line cooling mist, labonte motorsports or possibly even a snow performance kit. And substitute the shurflo pumps with a real pump. Probably need to upgrade more components at that point.

Snow looks like it would be the easiest to adjust.
Labonte's new S4 looks like it would give you the best ability to dial it in.
Cooling mist looks like a PITA to adjust, but they offer a stand alone controller that will let you control when other things come on like nitrous.

You just have to do your research.

I personally have an Alcohol Injection Systems kit minus the controller. I picked up a progressive boost controller from labonte.

If I had the dough and could do it over I would go with a labonte or cooling mist controller that used boost & egt to activate my pump. I'd have solenoids for each nozzle and possibly separate pumps.

Another one to look at is Devils Own. They have pretty good pricing and a decent controller.
those were the 3 brands that i was looking at devils own i have yet to check out...my problem is im pegging a 1600 degree pyro and cut/delipped stock pistons im sure dont like that very much. if i can drop my egts a few hundred degrees id be happy! but...at the same time i would like to get the nicest kit i can get my hands on.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
Sandaholic

Member`s Gallery
The other thing is that after reading a ton of threads it looks like the hp increase and the egt drop is really hit and miss. I ran a boost switch for a while and I wasn't overly impressed. I recently picked up the progressive controller and while it seems to work better I haven't got much solid testing in. I used to be able to see 1720 on occasion. Now I'd say I'm looking at about 1550. So maybe a 150ish degree drop......maybe. I haven't got it dialed in perfect yet either so who knows where it'll end up. Also I haven't been testing in the same 90 degree weather either.

Just a heads up that you may not be able to get the advertised 200 (or whatever) degree drop in egt that is advertised.

How much are you lookin' to spend?

Old 04-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
770johnnyw

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaholic View Post
The other thing is that after reading a ton of threads it looks like the hp increase and the egt drop is really hit and miss. I ran a boost switch for a while and I wasn't overly impressed. I recently picked up the progressive controller and while it seems to work better I haven't got much solid testing in. I used to be able to see 1720 on occasion. Now I'd say I'm looking at about 1550. So maybe a 150ish degree drop......maybe. I haven't got it dialed in perfect yet either so who knows where it'll end up. Also I haven't been testing in the same 90 degree weather either.

Just a heads up that you may not be able to get the advertised 200 (or whatever) degree drop in egt that is advertised.

How much are you lookin' to spend?
i mean i dont wanna go crazy but i want somthing nice that works!

Old 04-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
770johnnyw

Member`s Gallery
thanks for the help btw!

Old 04-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
770johnnyw

Member`s Gallery
where do i get one of these nice pumps at?

Old 04-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
Sandaholic

Member`s Gallery
Northern Tool. Probably a ton of other places too.

Think I seen this one mentioned.
Haldex 12 Volt DC Power Unit 1261096 | Hydraulic Power Units | Northern Tool + Equipment

Old 04-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #10
WUnderwood

Name: WUnderwood
Title: CompD Minion
Member`s Gallery
What are your plans for the truck?

Click the image to open in full size.

RIP BFD99, jponder, and Forrest Nearing

Old 04-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #11
770johnnyw

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnderwood View Post
What are your plans for the truck?
i plan on driving the **** out of the truck...im not competing with it i just want it to run a little cooler and stay together as long as possible! I cringe every time my pyro hits 1600 and the needles on the high side of a 100 psi boost gauge...lol

Closed Thread